GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Maody's Golf 7.5 GTi TCR on Tracks (mostly Nordschleife)

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
Saturday...
;)
A strange lap today. Only to show that you sometimes have such laps as well.
Had been raining the whole day. Dry passages rare. Slippery all the day. In the moment I dared to enter
the (on first glimpse) nearly dry track it began to rain again. Light ... then more intense. And my insecurity
of track conditions was still increased by the behaviour of the other drivers on track.

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
Saturday again...
The title says it all. Inversed guided riving, me in front, instructor and group following.

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
So the accommodation, Chanel crossing, and lap instruction is all booked for June. 😀
Do you know anywhere local to the Ring that stocks / sells Motec Ultralight wheels? I'm looking to buy a set while I'm out there.

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
Are you doing any mods to the Golf while the tracks getting resurfaced ?
No major mods, only stabilizators will be changed from OEM to KW, hopefully next week.

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
So the accommodation, Chanel crossing, and lap instruction is all booked for June. 😀
Do you know anywhere local to the Ring that stocks / sells Motec Ultralight wheels? I'm looking to buy a set while I'm out there.
Very cool, congrats! :cool: Maybe we manage to meet there.

For the Motec wheels you should ask Roland from the Tyre Trade Center @The Ring ( info (at) tyre-trade-center.de ), directly in Meuspath, 250 m from The Ring. Write an email, tell them you got the contact from me (real name Markus Ody) and ask if they got them on stock or are able to get them until June. And even if they can't I am sure they will have an advice ehere to purchase.

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
Thanks Marcus.
I'll drop them an email.
I bought my current set of wheels (Neuspeed RSe10) after looking at photos and without seeing them in person and although I like them they're not the exact look I was after so I'd like to see the next set in person before buying this time. Motec being a German company makes them cheaper there than in the UK.
It would be really great if we could meet up while we're there to talk about all things cars and the Ring form a locals point of view.
We're arriving Wednesday 8th June and leaving Sunday 12th in the morning.

Last edited:

Malttv5

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 mk7 R , 2015 Po
No major mods, only stabilizators will be changed from OEM to KW, hopefully next week.
Next week I’m getting front & rear adjustable sway bar end links fitted ,Verkline uni-balls fitted , front LCA’s and wheel alignment/ corner balance by a professional .
cheers

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
Here is my very last lap from 2021, only to finish the season here as well officially. ;) :D
Can't say when there will be new footage cause I'm still waiting für the KW CS swaybars to be delivered.
The 2022 season begins next weekend anyway...

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
As you said "constant driving"... ;) I still found footage of the Full Course layout of The Ring.
Including the 2,6 Kms long straight "Döttinger Höhe". One lap here, two more following, all within a few tenths of a second...

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
Full Course Layout No 2

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
Last but not least No 3

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
Some more footage...

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
And still more...

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
Dirk had warned me. Taking him for a ride means damage of the car anyway.
I did not believe. And now see what happend: 3 right front wheel bolts broke as one... q. e.d.