GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Maody's Golf 7.5 GTi TCR on Tracks (mostly Nordschleife)

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
Hi guys, this will be a thread where I will post my vids from tracks in Europe (mostly Nurburgring Nordschleife) in future regularly.
But before the first vid is coming I have to say some words for my own purpose:

Youtube kicked me out of their Partner Programm with my old channel which some of you know already and are subscribed to.
Due to "technical issues" (pretended illegal klicks in the account) they said. And did not want to talk or argue about that.
They even didn't want to hear what I have to say...
So I was forced to begin a new channel. If you want to, please subscribe to this new channel linked below.
And don't forget to click the little bell and switch announcements "all". ;)
Kind thanks to you all in advance. :)🙏 Every subscription helps to get back the former channel status.

Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk_XI48WgnzUf0hNmPPEtkg

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
And now: reverse somersault. After some back and forth I am now able to use my old
channel again. My most favourite solution from the beginning. But it took some time
and arguments obiously. ;)

I deleted the substitute meanwhile and the Sig. is actual again as well. Sorry for the Chaos...

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
And as a proof that the old channel is working again I freshly uploaded an older
(but unpublished) video from the 2020 season. A lap I did with my stoll cpmpletely
stock GTi TCR in July...

Me in charge to lead a group of supercars incl. the instructor (Pro Driver):

greekspec2

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf R 17 BMW X1M
you previously had Bilstein Clubsports on your R and I was curious on your opinion between those and your current KW Clubsports form daily driving comfort to fast road and track use.

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
you previously had Bilstein Clubsports on your R and I was curious on your opinion between those and your current KW Clubsports form daily driving comfort to fast road and track use.
If you want the perfect match between all day drivability and track use => Bilstein Clubsport
If you want an all day driver which can be used for a few laps on track a year => None of them :LOL: (I'd suppose KW DDC)
If you want a tracktool that can be used for a few Kms all day a year => KW Clubsport 3-way

In words: the Bilstein CS is much more comfortable than the KW CS (3-way more comfortable than 2-way). Bilstein CS is a coil kit that works very good in all day driving (even the Misses didn't argue ;)) and gives you a bit more track ability than usual coil kits ("no-CSs"). But it's not that much. Concerning track ability the KW is much better (3-way near to perfection) but you have to live with a car that is no all day driver any longer. Even the Kms to the racetrack done on the own axle are no real fun.

In the end: that's just my feelings. I know, especially concerning hardness/softness of coil kits there are lots of different individual feelings. And even a KW CS can be alligned a bit like "soft". But then the track ability suffers and the all day characteristics aren't really good yet.

greekspec2

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf R 17 BMW X1M
Interesting......
I have KW Clubsport 2way for over a year now and I find them extremely comfortable for everyday use (even at the max lowering range of 320mm). At the time of ordering I wanted the KW Clubsport 3way but no one had them in stock here in the US, and I figured with the adjustable high speed bump they would be more comfortable than the 2way which your opinion seemed to confirm that.

I was never a huge fan of Bilstein and I know the Bilstein CS have softer rear springs than the KW CS, I had interest in them also but no one had stock in the US at the time of my order. Another set that was of interest for the price were the H&R RSS+ but there was no data anywhere on this kit.

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
As I said, mate, feeling of hardness of coil kits is extremely individual. At least the difference between KW 2-way and 3-way is evident.
But I would neither use the TT-RS (2-way) nor the TCR (3-way) as an all day driver. Roads are too bad her in Good Ol' Germany...
And I should mention that I am 50+ ;)

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
Finally I chose a lap from 2020 to be the "most exciting" ... as I do every year to give credits to
the most spectacular, nice, fast, extreme or ... exciting lap I did in a season. It was hard to choose
one lap out of 2020 cause I did only around 30 and the crash of the tt-rs was the most important
thing that happened. But as I had to (tradition, you know) I finally chose one.

Why this one? Cause it was the very last lap of 2020, No. 19 with the modded TCR and the first
probable #under8 (without the long yellow phase). In addition I met some nice cars as well (e. g.
the GT2 RS MR Apex Ring Taxi shortly before the carousel).

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
You have some big cajones with that driving! I have been to Nordschleife only once and it is the biggest thrill of your life. If any
needs to know what the perfect setup is for a GTI, this is it. I see that the sun is setting, so probably on a touristenfahrten day you did about 6 laps. The brakes looked like they held up great!

Yes, that GT2 is a shark, a monster in the sea! It comes up so fast even though you were already balls to the wall and it was so loud when it overtook you! Crazy car with a crazy good driver to boot!

As soon as you leave the ring, you’re always planning when you can go back, it’s that addictive!

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
You have some big cajones with that driving! I have been to Nordschleife only once and it is the biggest thrill of your life. If any
needs to know what the perfect setup is for a GTI, this is it. I see that the sun is setting, so probably on a touristenfahrten day you did about 6 laps. The brakes looked like they held up great!

Yes, that GT2 is a shark, a monster in the sea! It comes up so fast even though you were already balls to the wall and it was so loud when it overtook you! Crazy car with a crazy good driver to boot!

As soon as you leave the ring, you’re always planning when you can go back, it’s that addictive!
Kind thx, mate! 🙏🙂

I am indeed very happy with my setup. Good if you can rely on a motorsports garage like Manthey/Raeder with such a huge amount of experience in setting up cars for The Ring.
The rest of your post is nothing less than perfect sumary. 😃 The Ring inserts a virus you never get rid of...

mmdb

Drag Racing Champion
Very nice!! You’re ripping through that track. What’s your suspension setup? Looks like you have a gti. Would like to know if you’re running a front LSD (I’m currently using wavetrac).

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
Very nice!! You’re ripping through that track. What’s your suspension setup? Looks like you have a gti. Would like to know if you’re running a front LSD (I’m currently using wavetrac).
Kind thx, mate!

First of all the car is a GTi TCR (7.5 = facelift). A special model that didn't make it to you afaik. All in all similar to a Clubsport if we talk about pre-facelift cars.
Yes, it has a front LSD, it is OEM, mechanical, the one from the Clubsport. I'm running a KW Clubsport Coil Kit with H & R stabilizators, if you want to know the setup in clicks, see the
attached PDF. It is German language but I think self explaining at all.

Attachments

• Setup - Protokoll Raeder 2020-09-08.pdf
    259 KB · Views: 236

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
I really enjoy your videos! You have patience with the slower cars and that shows you’re a humble driver. Your not trying to push anyone or intimidate. That being said, most of the other drivers signal and get the hell out of the way quite quick.

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
I really enjoy your videos! You have patience with the slower cars and that shows you’re a humble driver. Your not trying to push anyone or intimidate. That being said, most of the other drivers signal and get the hell out of the way quite quick.
Thx to you as well. 🙏

What we do there is "touristic driving", not a trackday. And besides everyone wants to go as fast as possible you always got to have in mind that there are people on track who go totally different speeds. From absolute newbies and real touristic drivers in normal street cars up to semi-professionals in track prepped GTish cars. And the faster car always has to look after the slower ones.

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
Season opening, finally! 😃