GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Maody's Golf 7.5 GTi TCR on Tracks (mostly Nordschleife)

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
O. K., guys, like I said: hardness of coils is a very individual thing. And I personally and individually don't want to use
a car with KW CS Coil Kit and my setup for racetrack driving as an all day driver. I hope all is explained now... :)

I know people here in Germany as well who do use KW CS Coil Kits for all day driving, but not for me please.

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
⏩⏩⏩ Good fight with a BMW M2 Competition | Long Yellow Flag Zone | Partly lots of Traffic | Sorry Tom Schütze (Black M3 F82), saw you too late & was busy!

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
Yesterday finally I met Steve (@TheBlondeFella ) at The Ring i person, after we wrote so long about ist. Plus he brought some folks with him.
It really was an honour for me to burn some rubber and gas with him! 👍 And stand 3 hours on the car park together in the sun and talk balderdash... ;) :D

P.S.: The vids are just rendering, my friend, coming asap

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
And now - here we go... :cool:

⏩⏩⏩ Big big Fun w/ the Hyundai Ring Taxi (Thx Marc 🙏‍) | Steve ( @TheBlondeFella ) on Board | Yellow Flags | Lots of Traffic | Fast Cars & slow Cars | Touristic Driving at it's Best 😎😍

Fun Fact: Steve had done a lap in the Hyundai N Taxi before the same day and the driver Marc is a really good friend of mine. :D

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
As above, I had the privilege and pleasure of meeting Markus (TheMaOdy66) last Saturday at the 'The Ring'.
Unfortunately, 'The Ring' was closed for a total of almost half the day when we met due to multiple incidents, but that gave my friends and I a great chance to talk with Markus (and a few other locals), about everything to do with cars and driving The Ring.
As soon as 'The Ring' opened Markus let me sit in his passenger seat for 2 amazing laps. Boy can this man drive and being in his car was a truly amazing experience.
As Markus mentioned, I had a taxi ride in the Hyundai N Taxi earlier in the day and watching Markus catch the Hyundai Taxi on our 2nd lap, sit patiently behind him and watch a 'bog standard' car dance around on the track was also great to see.
I only drove 4 laps in my own Mk7 R and it was the scariest (but enjoyable) experience I've ever had while driving. I've done over a dozen different few track days here in the UK in both cars and motorbikes, endurance go kart events and I can honestly say that the guys that drive 'The Ring" are in a completely different league to everything I've experienced.
Thanks again Markus. We hope to be back in Germany soon. 👍

Last edited:

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
Again, my friend, it was absolutely my pleasure. Very cool to have so much time to talk all the really important things.
Most people watching the vids or knowing The Ring from games like GP have no idea how enormous the difference to reality is.
So I am always glad to see that new folks get this experience. If I can help on this ... no problem, everyone welcome.
And if you ever get back (hope soon) and I can make it possible we'll do that again. 👍

P.S.: Sadly in our other lap the rear cam did not work. What means I have no reasonalble data to overlay. So I can only insert a laptimer and use the front vid. No speeds, g-forces etc...
P.P.S.: But the next vid will be the lap with Mark. Is he here as well? Or is Youtube the only way to get in contact?

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
Again, my friend, it was absolutely my pleasure. Very cool to have so much time to talk all the really important things.
Most people watching the vids or knowing The Ring from games like GP have no idea how enormous the difference to reality is.
So I am always glad to see that new folks get this experience. If I can help on this ... no problem, everyone welcome.
And if you ever get back (hope soon) and I can make it possible we'll do that again. 👍

P.S.: Sadly in our other lap the rear cam did not work. What means I have no reasonalble data to overlay. So I can only insert a laptimer and use the front vid. No speeds, g-forces etc...
P.P.S.: But the next vid will be the lap with Mark. Is he here as well? Or is Youtube the only way to get in contact?
He's just on youtube. He's just subscribed to your channel!

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
Btw, I nearly forgot to tell this. There is something new to the car since last week...
Afer the OEM performance rotor and the first set of Endless MA46b pads were worn out after 2 years and around 200 laps of The Ring I upgraded the front brake. I still had two TT-RS (8J) calipers and spent them for the TCR. In addition a pair of 370 mm 2-piece Carbopad rotors were mounted as well as a new set of Endless MA46b pads. What should I say? Wow! Such a worthful upgrade... :cool:

Reactions: q74

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
Everything in this Lap from last weekend:
Mark from U. K. Aboard 🇬🇧 | Chasing an AMG GT(R) | A crazy Corvette Driver | 2 x Yellow Flag Zones | Traffic Jam like on A1 | 30 Overtakes | Very busy Touristic Driving Chaos 😎😁

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
I owe @TheBlondeFella another lap. ;) Sadly the rearcam did not work, so no data as well. But a very fast little Polo WRC:

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
Whenever you like... ;)

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
2 f** fast little Hot Hatches | Renault Clio I RS | Suzuki Swift GTi | Fast Lap #under8 | Easy Driving though Green Hell Driving Days