GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Manual vs DSG R/civic si/STI/Camaro v6

Sandbagger1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Nice videos. I thought the outcome of the race between the two Golfs would have been a little closer. For the rest of the races I almost felt sad for the other drivers. Almost.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Nice videos. I thought the outcome of the race between the two Golfs would have been a little closer. For the rest of the races I almost felt sad for the other drivers. Almost.

I beat the other golf off the line because he bogged, his best run was much quicker than mine, but at a lower trap speed.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Went back today for a bit since the weather was nice. Mostly solo runs but had this nice one with a newer 5.0. Beat me out of the hole.

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Nice runs bud, it’s cool ya got the cameras and post all of em!!

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
That STI launched so bad....I imagine it was stock, but even so. Confused lol

Ya, you gotta wind them up to 5000+ rpms, then either sidestep it, or the best explanation I’ve heard, if you’re trying to avoid allot of drivetrain shock, is lift your left foot like ya stepped in dog shit to launch them properly without using cobbs LC. If you launch an sti well, you should smell clutch. Truth is 95% of sti owners are unwilling or unable to launch their cars correctly, especially if it was a newbie in his new car, they usually try around 3000 rpm and they move about 3 feet, almost stall and then get going, by then it’s way to late anyway, unless they’re heavily modded, like big turbo on e85 modded, they’ll never come around. FBO they really aren’t impressive after the initial launch, assuming you’ve done it correctly. They’re rather weak roll racers, their time has passed, they’ve gotten heavy and they haven’t gotten any horsepower upgrades for the last 10-15 years. It’s too bad honestly, it was a game changer back in 2004, shame on you Subaru. They are fn awesome in snow with winter wheels/tires though.