GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Manual Transmission owners...

gx33

Ready to race!
After you have just started the car (on a cold start), when you release the clutch do the RPM's jump a little (~250rpm)?? This happens when releasing the clutch in my car for the first 15-20seconds that the car is on.

Sometimes it registers on the tach, sometimes it doesn't. But it can definitely be felt and heard.

Started happening maybe a month into ownership. Not too worried about it just wondering if anybody else has noticed it.

gx33

Ready to race!
Well atleast I'm not the only one I guess.

I wonder if the clutch/DMF just dont like the cold starts..

BrianfCheng1

Ready to race!
On cold starts I notice noise/chatter when the clutch is engaged, nothing when I depress it. I'm talking about in neutral? Does that happen to you guys?

gx33

Ready to race!
On cold starts I notice noise/chatter when the clutch is engaged, nothing when I depress it. I'm talking about in neutral? Does that happen to you guys?

I would say a certain amount of "chatter" from the dual mass flywheel is acceptable until the car gets up to operating temperature. My previous car had a DMF and it was similar but more pronounced and stayed that way over 60k miles of ownership and 40% increases in HP/TQ:p Was still fine the day I sold it.

Dagobah

Ready to race!
I mentioned this slight issue (with increased rpm) with my car at its first service last month, but as usual the master technician could not hear anything out of the ordinary. Thought I would bring it up with them while I was there to be on the safe side.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

BrianfCheng1

Ready to race!
This problem has been bugging me. Surprising that so many of you guys have it too!

Do you guys think it's a problem or just a gremlin that we're going to just have to deal with?

mlewando

Ready to race!
The same problem here. I got 1.4 TSI. Does it have DMF? I don't think so.
Only Diesel does!