GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Manual Trans Fluid?

eickhoffj11

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey everyone,
I have a 2015 6MT Gti. I'll be changing my clutch, flywheel, throwout, slave cylinder and I want to also replace my trans fluid. My car has 53,000mi and I know people say it's "lifetime" but I don't believe in that. I just want to use the correct fluid to keep my trans well lubricated. No I'm not buying a DSG lol.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

teemmy

Ready to race!
I had a thread on this if you search transmission fluid. I went with Fuchs, another talked about switching to motul after he installed a LSD. OEM was like $30 a bottle, Fuchs was a little over 10 each and I think motul was the same.

The transmission is definitely notchy on a colder day with the Fuchs but is nice and smooth after it warms up (same as the other member's motul experience). I don't think OEM was like that at colder temps.

eickhoffj11

Passed Driver's Ed
I had a thread on this if you search transmission fluid. I went with Fuchs, another talked about switching to motul after he installed a LSD. OEM was like $30 a bottle, Fuchs was a little over 10 each and I think motul was the same.

The transmission is definitely notchy on a colder day with the Fuchs but is nice and smooth after it warms up (same as the other member's motul experience). I don't think OEM was like that at colder temps.
Thank you. Thats exactly what im looking for. I'm going to look into both of these. My trans feels somewhat notchy at all temps so I want to make sure I get a nice film of oil to protect my gears.
Clutch was serviced by a not so reputable dealer and I'm thinking they might have used something not so good or nothing at all.
I believe a failing master cylinder is to blame for clutch failure with the original owner. Now combination of tune and a bad slave have caused the OEM replacement the dealer installed to die as well.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
I like Motul and I'm running it in my DSG.

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
The Fuchs Titan Sintofluid SAE 75W-80 is what VAG uses for the the OEM fluid in the O2Q/O2M transmissions.
I changed to the Fuchs after installing a LSD and it feels the same.

And it's only $10 per liter :)

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=306204

eickhoffj11

Passed Driver's Ed
I'd like to hear what viscosity people are using. The above states 75W-80. Anyone use something different and why?

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Have you actually used this fluid?

If I had a manual I would. MOTUL is the best in the business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Just did a bit of research on the gear 300... Great fluid. But it'll suck when temperatures get below 50°F. Shifting will be a bit harder until the fluid warms up.

ashiun

Ready to race!
Now, I never hear people talking about manual trans fluid change, so please enlighten me.

What difference does this make, really? Make revs drop faster/slower? Make clutch engagement more uniform? My car currently feels rougher when the car is really warmed up, like after a couple hours of driving. Revs drop slow, clutch pedal stiffer and squeaky, jittery, etc. Transmission is super smooth in the first hour of driving then it slowly gets worse.

Do the options you guys have listed help alleviate this by making the first hour notchy then the rest of it buttery smooth? What's goin on here