GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mandela Effect?

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Hey guys, this has been on my radar the past couple days. Just curious if you guys have heard of this or have seen it happen??

Last edited:

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Go on Reddit. Wouldn't have believed it then saw it myself.

Last edited:

mfractal

Ready to race!
Looked at it. Sounds like bs to me. Human memory is very unreliable, that's it imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vikingsloth1

Ready to race!

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Lol I heard about this. What was your personal experience with it Z?
You've probably seen the Bears spelling controversy. I saw people argue about the spelling of Flintstones...then those threads flipped to the other spelling with different dates and arguments. Easy to chalk up to bad memory until you see it happen before your eyes.

Last edited:

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
"I thought I put my keys in the bowl next to the front door"...spends 15 minutes looking for keys only to find them in your hand.

Memory is unreliable, especially with things that happened long ago, or that you didn't pay particular attention to. There are a few examples of the ME that I personally never got mixed up, but it was because I was exposed to those things a lot and I payed attention to them often. Most of the shit people are confusing are brand names or entertainment titles being different. Now if I woke up tomorrow and the twin towers were standing in New York, I would start to become suspicious of some ME fuckery.

SirClimax

Ready to race!
Yeah the memory is not reliable at all. There's a series on netflix (can't remember the name off hand) but it's all about how memories are not reliable. Basically your brain fills in the gaps to complete the story.

I probably laughed a little too hard at this

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Lol thanks for listening guys.