GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Man down!!!...Drivers side of my 2015 GTI backed into....got both doors.

goblues38

Ready to race!
Car(s)
20 GTI & 15 GTI
Someone backed into my daughters car parked on the street. Looks like it got both drivers side front and rear doors, and the B pillar. Door frame is bent...so not just door skins.

Estimate came back at $5,187. will be fixed in 7 days.

goblues38

Ready to race!
Car(s)
20 GTI & 15 GTI
he is a good kid. paying for it with cash.....so no insurance....means wont show up on a car fax....but not to sound like a jerk....i am not too worried about resale value.....plan on keeping the car for many years. al ready at the shop getting worked on

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
$5,187 in cash ... oof

Oh, and I would be careful with "not showing up on carfax because insurance isn't involved"

I had an out of pocket repair performed that did show up on carfax because the shop's POS/service system reported their repairs to an agency? I dunno... but I have a carfax now.

"CARFAX® receives data from more than 112,000 different sources including every U.S. and Canadian provincial motor vehicle agency plus many police and fire departments, collision repair facilities, auto auctions, and more."

I would definitely clarify with the shop.

Last edited:

cb1111

$5,187 in cash ... oof

Oh, and I would be careful with "not showing up on carfax because insurance isn't involved"

I had an out of pocket repair performed that did show up on carfax because the shop's POS/service system reported their repairs to an agency? I dunno... but I have a carfax now.

"CARFAX® receives data from more than 112,000 different sources including every U.S. and Canadian provincial motor vehicle agency plus many police and fire departments, collision repair facilities, auto auctions, and more."

I would definitely clarify with the shop.
Correct. CARFAX pays repair facilities for that information.

The OP should check with the body shop if they will give him the "insurance price" or some sort of discount.

What damage was there to the blind spot monster? I'm not sure what GM was thinking with that design, but you can't see out of that thing.

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
Aarrgghh, hate this stuff; damage from others being clumsy. Guestimate initially seems a tad steep but there is also damage to the door frame and therefore the car body. I'd advise OP to have the chassis and wheel alignment checked, looks a serious hit, hope it gets fixed soon.