GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MAGIC/MAJESTY (eBay) 16.4 liter Intercooler

yositoco

Car(s)
Tacoma
I was about to pull the trigger on a Majesty bar and plate 65mm version until I read here about the potential issues with the radiator. I have 2018 R with APR intake.

Should I be looking at a different one?

mk7_drew

Passed Driver's Ed
I made 520whp on my stock motor with the Majesty unit. It did fine to keep the IAT in check.
Was this with the tube and fin or the bar and plate version?
I pulled the trigger on the tube and fin version (50mm thickness)
Hoping this would be sufficient for the TPC38 I’m installing soon.

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
Tube and fin is not ideal for big hp.Bar and plate is much better at controlling IAT’s.
Was this with the tube and fin or the bar and plate version?
I pulled the trigger on the tube and fin version (50mm thickness)
Hoping this would be sufficient for the TPC38 I’m installing soon.

mk7_drew

Passed Driver's Ed
Tube and fin is not ideal for big hp.Bar and plate is much better at controlling IAT’s.

So I’ve read.

Is there anyone here that’s tried to use the tube and fin version for their hybrid turbo?

I just put mine up for sale if anyone is interested.

Fowvaydriver

Ready to race!
I purchased a majesty intercooler. Most likely I will need to mod some of the mounting points.
Does anyone have measurements from the stock intercooler ? More specifically the slots for condenser, upper radiator clip area, Lower radiator slots,intercooler mounting pegs on the sides and the notches where the upper square pegs of the radiator fit into the intercooler.
Hoping to do all mods before I try and mount everything up.
Thank you if anyone is willing to measure and or post up pics/sizes!
Thank you

FastMike

Car(s)
2016 Audi S3 P+
Sorry for bumping this but I've pretty much read all of it and understand that it has some fitment issues. What would be the best majesty intercooler for a 2016 Audi S3. I'm looking at their eBay website and there are different sizes. A link to the appropriate one would be appreciated and would prefer a non-black finish. Thanks!

Ostateballer

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI S PP/LP
So I’ve read.

Is there anyone here that’s tried to use the tube and fin version for their hybrid turbo?

I just put mine up for sale if anyone is interested.
IATs are great when there is airflow (driving, WOT). If sitting for any considerable amount of time (parked, dragstrip), the thing heat soaks badly due to high thermal mass.

And to answer the fitment questions, yes. It pushes the radiator back into the engine bay considerably. Additionally, you may have to dremel/file the peg(s) and slot(s).

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI

OEMPL+S

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
7 R
This seemed so good, then reading through the thread it seemed the fitment issues weren't worth the effort.
The biggest issue would be reliability as it causing hoses to rub would suck and cause extra cost and risk to the engine.

has anybody fitted it to a DAP equipped Mk7 R and got it to fit without causing fitment concerns with hoses or intakes etc?

Alternatively it seems they also make a much thinner tube and fin version at 51mm's thick, has anybody tested the performance on that version?