GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MAGIC/MAJESTY (eBay) 16.4 liter Intercooler

emichel6888

Go Kart Champion
Anyone have any experience with the Tube and Fin Majesty? Seems to be the only one I can find on Ebay and Ali at the moment, not having any luck finding a bar and plate model. Tempted to just go with the BMS IC for a hundred some extra.
The BMS will fit and work really well, plus they are a great vendor. If I were to do it again, for the money, it is the one I would choose.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
The BMS will fit and work really well, plus they are a great vendor. If I were to do it again, for the money, it is the one I would choose.
Leaning toward them as I won't have to modify anything potentially like with the Majesty. Seeing as the BMS is on sale right now it's not a bad reach over the Majesty as the Tube and fin version I can only find around 320 shipped. 160 more and I can pick up the BMS shipped and have support from a non China seller. Looking around it seems like the best well known non FMIC for the price. Figured I'd look into the Majesty though, seems like the earlier bar and plate models were a steal.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Figured I'd look into the Majesty though, seems like the earlier bar and plate models were a steal.
You got that right. I got mine a year and a half ago for $253USD shipped with a 15% off eBay coupon. If you were to go the Majesty/Magic/eBay route, just wait for a coupon to pop up.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
You got that right. I got mine a year and a half ago for $253USD shipped with a 15% off eBay coupon. If you were to go the Majesty/Magic/eBay route, just wait for a coupon to pop up.
Will do, but looking through Ebay and Ali it looks like the current ones are tube and fine rather than bar and plate. Looking to see if anyone with the newer model has logs they could post. I believe it's a bit slimmer as well, but I could be getting my posts and ICs mixed up; been doing a bit of research as i'm thinking of pulling the trigger on one within the next month or so. Headlights should be in so I can tackle those while the bumper is already off for a stock location replacement install.

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
FYI I reached out to the eBay seller and specifically requested a bar and plate. They can still do this.

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
My 2.5" thick Magicsty is bar and plate. Just installed yesterday on my GLI.
SmartSelect_20200921-203905_Gallery.jpg
20200926_102956.jpg

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
It says its only rated to 450 hp lol

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
I don't doubt it. I just thought it was funny they would advertise inaccurate limits for their own intercooler

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
LOL. Yeah, I looked and it says (200-450+ hp). Honestly, if my "wall" issue is resolved with the new intercooler, I'll be able to say with certainty that they're right. A bit over 450whp uncorrected is all she wrote.

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
LOL. Yeah, I looked and it says (200-450+ hp). Honestly, if my "wall" issue is resolved with the new intercooler, I'll be able to say with certainty that they're right. A bit over 450whp uncorrected is all she wrote.
You just said you made 520whp I’m confused, or sarcasm?

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
Anyone have any experience with the Tube and Fin Majesty? Seems to be the only one I can find on Ebay and Ali at the moment, not having any luck finding a bar and plate model. Tempted to just go with the BMS IC for a hundred some extra.

you can tell the difference visually between tube and fin. It also says “tube Intercooler”. I suggest reaching out to CSK on eBay. You should be able to get a little bit of a discount as well if you ask for their best price on a bar and plate.