Drag Race Newbie
VERSION TWO, Nov 21/19, Available HERE:

Changelog v2:
-Added option to save settings which will autoload upon next run
-Notifies user if no files are found in folder

Changelog v1:
-First release

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MZiFuwb049B9T2VYYz_IGc9OIYETvGog
Unzip, run LogAnalyzer shortcut (as administrator, as it must have access to save/edit excel files). Please give me feedback and let me know if you find any errors.

Hi everyone,

Some of you may know I did the intro videos when I first started using Maestro on MQB over a year ago. I have had a ton of requests to update information on the various variable changes. I started doing some work with python to learn and have released the best solution is to simply create a standalone program to help those who have purchased Maestro and want to learn to use it themselves. This is a gift to the community that has given me the opportunity to learn a lot. Especially those of you that supported me over the past few years.

The program will work in a standalone python installer package, simple. If someone here for free is willing to do a dot-net or windows conversion of the application when I am done, please contact me.

The features will be as follows:

-Open and convert stock Maestro log files automatically in seconds.
-Remove unnecessary precision in data to facilitate easier understanding.
-Add computed variables necessary for maximizing quality data, minimizing noise.
-Display conditional formatting to identify key issues/problem areas visually.
-Add text columns to explain the issues/problem areas verbally.
-Add mean calculations per gear in separate tabs to filter anomalies that occur during logging and lower "information-overload" for newcomers.
-Add timing and wastegate analysis tabs which provide feedback/suggestions on settings inside the Maestro application.
-Include documentation on how to perform the necessary updates which are suggested within the Maestro program.
-Offer automated graphing of certain variables for users who are more visually inclined to understand data.

and best of all, it will be FREE.

I am hoping to have the first release out before Christmas. I have spent about 40-50 hours on it so far (I am not a programmer and am learning as I go) so I will continue to update the thread as I move forward.

Attachments

• AT1.jpg
    AT1.jpg
    456.2 KB · Views: 231
  • AT2.jpg
    AT2.jpg
    369.9 KB · Views: 232
  • AT3.jpg
    AT3.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
That sounds awesome. Would be nice to have some confirmation or warnings once you get into tweaking the tune and using ethanol blends.

Subscribed for more info, and thanks a ton.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
That sounds awesome. Would be nice to have some confirmation or warnings once you get into tweaking the tune and using ethanol blends.

Subscribed for more info, and thanks a ton.
There are based on the logs, absolutely! I will have a beta version ready this weekend.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Don't have maestro, but am excited for those who do. Good stuff man.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Really dig the format. Especially the full log section. The delta boost is great to see by default. The wastegate settings are the most revealing. My brain had a hard time with reading them with the inverse format vs. the tables. Took forever to even figure that out.

Gonna dial back the ethanol settings and get a content reader. My local pumps must run 65-70 percent at the most. I noticed that my trims were super "rich". Also my boost runs low after ~4800rpm. I am on an IS20, so I guess I either reduce airflow, or let the wastegate work slightly harder. The WG mean looks good. Will test for a boost leak, but everything looks fine (max -1.0psi) prior to that range.

Excited to get the bigger turbo in the car and start tuning that.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Really dig the format. Especially the full log section. The delta boost is great to see by default. The wastegate settings are the most revealing. My brain had a hard time with reading them with the inverse format vs. the tables. Took forever to even figure that out.

Gonna dial back the ethanol settings and get a content reader. My local pumps must run 65-70 percent at the most. I noticed that my trims were super "rich". Also my boost runs low after ~4800rpm. I am on an IS20, so I guess I either reduce airflow, or let the wastegate work slightly harder. The WG mean looks good. Will test for a boost leak, but everything looks fine (max -1.0psi) prior to that range.

Excited to get the bigger turbo in the car and start tuning that.
I wouldn't worry too too much about the boost delta on the IS20/38 up top. You are best, as you said, to just lower the request. It's not meant to fly and I have no idea why people work so hard for 10-15whp! :)

mw1978

Ready to race!
Matthew In excel I got: log, analyst and timing but under timing there is only timing table with suggestion. I don’t have actuator set point table. Hmm

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
When I loaded a Maestro base file for my car, the logger didn't support or recognize my software version and didn't have many PIDs available to log. Had to email support and get it fixed with next software release. Good luck lol.