GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Maestro DIY Tuning Help

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Ya it’s pretty bad...

Although, I just updated and didn’t have any issues.

Last edited:

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Did anyone ever make any progress on Maestro with upgraded HPFP?

It was talked about quite a bit early on in this thread, but no real conclusions.

Has anyone made any progress since then?

My car has all the tables previously talked about (6 or 7 rail pressure tables, injection time) and also another one that is something like "max fuel injected with one pump stroke". Which sounds like it would be relevant for an upgraded hpfp.

I wouldn't be looking to try and stretch fueling to the absolute limit, just would like to be able to control fuel pressure at high RPM. My fuel pressure jumps up to like 220 bar past 5000 rpm at low load, and at WOT it has big spikes up and down, hitting as high as ~250 bar.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
I already have ecutek(I have an Audi, no Cobb option).

im just bored waiting to start my tune lol.

in previous cars I did hpfp upgrade with no ill effects so I wasn’t expecting issues doing the hardware in advance waiting for tune.

I’ve just been driving easy in the meantime. But was open to the idea of playing around a little with this if anyone had success.

but yeah I agree I didn’t like the idea of pushing that kinda pressure thru the system out of control.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
You should email support and ask! Lol

Aggghh.. I did notice that the latest Maestro update didn't completely kill my older Maestro... Maybe Chis is listening and will answer questions about the table... haha..

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Anyone have advice on how to tune overboost after a shift (6 Speed) and not meeting boost targets? I'm also not hitting boost targets after 4500 RPM in 3rd and 4th. I'm missing my specified boost by about 2 psi. The boost control tables are confusing AF and I can barely read the X and Y axis on my computer.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Do you have the boss500 file available under your maestro files? The BT WG table is much easier to work with.

Nope. No updates to any of the 1.8 files since they first came out. I think ED no longer has access to a 1.8 so there is no development on it at all.

I'm not too concerned about meeting boost targets, but I'd like to get rid of the overboost after the shift. I may try running my JB4 with my intended boost profile to see if that helps.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Could someone please send me a GTI Stage 1 or Stage 2 file so I can see if I can figure out something with the WG tables?

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Still feeling my way around the boost control. Can someone tell me what "First Parameter for Precontrol and Adaptation" represents in the "Boost Pressure Actuator Setpoint" maps? Is it starting pressure vs requested pressure?

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-04-21 112341.jpg
    Annotation 2020-04-21 112341.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 183