GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Maestro DIY Tuning Help

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I've been a happier camper since I went with the same for both tables. Just make sure you're using relatively conservative values like diggs listed up top.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Why are the tables different in the first place?

I'm guessing fuel economy and emissions. The full load table is referenced when intake temps are under 115F or so. Above about 115F the car switches to the air temp full load table to cool the engine a bit. Pouring more fuel in doesn't hurt power as much as pulling timing. Not sure 115 is the actual number but I'm pretty sure it's close to that.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
The protection map is so people dont do dumb things like go wot in 6th at 1800 and hold it. With 1 map you are running lean for a long time which is bad. With a time based map it goes “All right its been 3 secs at wot we dumping fuel!”. The 7.5s have a very aggressive lambda vs time map, you can see it in jb4 thread.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
The protection map is so people dont do dumb things like go wot in 6th at 1800 and hold it. With 1 map you are running lean for a long time which is bad. With a time based map it goes “All right its been 3 secs at wot we dumping fuel!”. The 7.5s have a very aggressive lambda vs time map, you can see it in jb4 thread.

I actually went WOT in 6th at 2000 RPM and held it by accident. I was driving up a big mountain in 6th while trying to keep 60 mph, which was 2000 rpm. My car was making over 10 psi and starting to apply timing corrections according to my JB4 display. I ended up shifting in to 5th for the remainder of the mountain, but I managed to capture some logs in 6th. Turns out my car was going WOT even though my pedal was at maybe 30 or 40 percent. Unfortunately, I didn't think a "full load" scenario would ever happen for an extended amount of time at 2k rpm, so I was targetting .98 or something in that area across the board. I've since richened the full load table in that area after 3 seconds to .93 and the car pulls up the same mountain in 6th without timing corrections now. I'm also more likely to just put it in 5th now. =)

I think the lambda protection tables are in place for protection of the stock cat, so I leaned those out a bit to values just a bit richer than my normal fueling tables. I still have some fueling protection in place, but not targetting .70 or whatever. I think I have the tables st to .88 to .83.

Last edited:

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
So am I correct in assuming that the boost actuator set point and setpoint V2 tables are the tables you adjust to control the wastegate to hold or taper boost?

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Personally I like seeing these engines a little leaner. (not ED, STOICH AT 5K FULL BOOST LEAN)

Call it intuition.

But Hoon has mine following about that same curve and the car makes power being a little more fat. You will knock more though. And in my case run out of pump faster. However even on the same boost and timing levels as ED base maps I could feel a big difference just from fueling changes on my is20.

I'm sure there is a middle ground somewhere but I dream

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Personally I like seeing these engines a little leaner. (not ED, STOICH AT 5K FULL BOOST LEAN)

Call it intuition.

But Hoon has mine following about that same curve and the car makes power being a little more fat. You will knock more though. And in my case run out of pump faster. However even on the same boost and timing levels as ED base maps I could feel a big difference just from fueling changes on my is20.

I'm sure there is a middle ground somewhere but I dream

Most of the protuners are targeting right around the same AFRs, and they are typically richer than OTS tunes. It's not coincidence, it's what makes the most power. Lean is not mean on these cars, a few points of AFR makes as much difference as a few degrees of timing when you're close to the limit.

People who seek out custom tuning are typically not the demographic that cares about a couple of MPG at the expense of power. Preserving MPG is clearly a decision some of the OTS companies have made, especially the "OEM+" types.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Can someone explain the rail pressure maps to me? I have 6 rail pressure tables with different values. What would happen if I made all the rail tables the same? Will it cause a chain reaction somewhere down the line? Here is is the first table.

Annotation 2020-02-03 231859.png

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I'm getting a little tired of ED disabling Maestro and/or Flash, but not putting up the updated file. I haven't been able to use Maestro for the last hour. It's not right that they can take away something you paid for like that.

EDIT:
Emailed support last night. This morning they email back saying the correct .EXE is up. Still getting the old .EXE. There is something wrong with the way they distribute these files.

EDIT:
Eurodyne support just got rude with me because I told them I restarted my browser and they told me to refresh my browser. If I had other options, I'd surely jump ship right now. Still can't download new update.

EDIT:
Just got another reply from ED Support after I proved I had some sort of understanding of content distribution over the internet. They admitted it may take time for "servers to sync". I told them they need to fix that lag or stop killing the application as soon as they put the new file up on their servers.

Last edited:

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
I'm getting a little tired of ED disabling Maestro and/or Flash, but not putting up the updated file. I haven't been able to use Maestro for the last hour. It's not right that they can take away something you paid for like that.

EDIT:
Emailed support last night. This morning they email back saying the correct .EXE is up. Still getting the old .EXE. There is something wrong with the way they distribute these files.

EDIT:
Eurodyne support just got rude with me because I told them I restarted my browser and they told me to refresh my browser. If I had other options, I'd surely jump ship right now. Still can't download new update.

EDIT:
Just got another reply from ED Support after I proved I had some sort of understanding of content distribution over the internet. They admitted it may take time for "servers to sync". I told them they need to fix that lag or stop killing the application as soon as they put the new file up on their servers.
:rolleyes:

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I still can't download the latest version of Maestro. Anyone get it and can share?