GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Maestro DIY Tuning Help

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Funny, I had a GTX2867R on it for a while but ended up pulling it off. I was never able to totally resolve an exhaust leak at the turbine inlet and with pump gas and stock exhaust (didn't want a loud obnoxious DD), the spool was just too slow and I didn't enjoy it in DD form. The stock frame turbos on those cars were worthless, but they actually seem decent/good on this platform.

Whitemk75

Passed Driver's Ed
I am working on understanding fueling right now. I read/heard that .88 tapering to .8-.81 at redline is generally accepted?

I have been playing with these two tables along with the IAT table and have some questions. IN the tables, do i input the taper that i wish to see through the RPM range at wot? Or are these just lookup values that the ecu references and adjusts labmda based on other variables on the fly. I am used to hp tuners on another car where you set the afr you want at each range and it interpolates.

If i want my max allowed lambda to be ..88-.9 once i enter boost at wot, does the below suggest i am i on the right track? I should pick up some power by richening the mixture, correct?

1573508594209.png

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Not sure how much boost you're targetting, but I think your Full load lambda at 0 seconds should at least match or be lower than your 915 mg/stk column in your DI table at 3500 rpm. Not sure how much it matters since you're in the ballpark at 0.5 sec, but I made mine match.

Interesting how your Full load is scalled 0-60 seconds. My 1.8 map was scaled 0-6.

I am working on understanding fueling right now. I read/heard that .88 tapering to .8-.81 at redline is generally accepted?

I have been playing with these two tables along with the IAT table and have some questions. IN the tables, do i input the taper that i wish to see through the RPM range at wot? Or are these just lookup values that the ecu references and adjusts labmda based on other variables on the fly. I am used to hp tuners on another car where you set the afr you want at each range and it interpolates.

If i want my max allowed lambda to be ..88-.9 once i enter boost at wot, does the below suggest i am i on the right track?

View attachment 159609

Whitemk75

Passed Driver's Ed
24-25 psi is what im targeting on is20.

This is what i have right now.
1573510247335.png

This should target .88 and taper down to .83 near redline with ecu adding fuel as needed, right?

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
24-25 psi is what im targeting on is20.

This is what i have right now.
View attachment 159612

This should target .88 and taper down to .83 near redline with ecu adding fuel as needed, right?

I don't see a reason why you would target such rich AFRs below 3000 in the DI table in the last two columns. Take a look at your last two columns in DI after 5k, your values are a little messed up. You're targeting lambda .83 after you've been WOT for 3 seconds. Can't really comment on what's correct on your full load table because I don't know where you're commanding boost or timing. For me, I target .85 after 4k at 1 second and then .83 further up in the RPM after 3 seconds. Not saying it's right, it's just what I do and I think it's on the safe side.

Whitemk75

Passed Driver's Ed
nevermind I misunderstood what you said.

I followed the map that was already in the base file I just richened it up more thanwhat it was. So interpolation is the same just richer values on the full load maps. Boost targetis met about 3300 from a 3k mash.

I see what you are saying about the di map though, will adjust

Whitemk75

Passed Driver's Ed
I think so, i logged it earlier today before the fueling change on 24/92 setting and it was correcting a bit, but that was with .9X+ lambda until 4500+ or whatever the default fueling was.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I think so, i logged it earlier today before the fueling change on 24/92 setting and it was correcting a bit, but that was with .9X+ lambda until 4500+ or whatever the default fueling was.

Looks nice and safe.

Whitemk75

Passed Driver's Ed

Attachments

• 2019_12_7-15.18.18.DataLog.Corrected.zip
    28.5 KB · Views: 109

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
E20 vs E30 should be about 5 percent difference. I'm pretty sure the O2 feedback that is logged by ED is STFT...so it really doesn't give you the full picture as to what is going on. I have found the best way to double check E content is to look at LTFT after some driving. When I run E30 I see LTFT jump to +10 and then short term fuel trims are back to normal/minimal correction. Personally I don't bother to change the slider running only E30, anything beyond that I probably would though.