ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT

Would be worse if I couldn't fix it. :)

joedubs

Go Kart Champion
LPFP questions.
I have a full PR fuel system (450, line kit, 925CC mpi) installed (unwired) and I'm planning to switch from Maestro to UM or ecutek to actually run it. I have a 1.8T

I'd like to be able to drive the car when I put the turbo back on to make sure everything operates correctly before switching tuners (especially since I'll need to drive it if I go with UM).
I have 3 LPFP tables - "Max LPFP duty", "LPFP duty (4WD)" and "LPFP duty".

Any suggested baseline changes that I should make for the PR450 so I can drive the car and what do I need to look for (since without MPI there's no low pressure sensor). This discussion (https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/maestro-diy-tuning-help.364083/page-26) talks about tweaks for a 525, but only the 0 column.

Sam tuned me with the DBV2 V2, but at the same time I'll be switching to a V1 and I'm not trying to waste his time doing revisions back and forth.

joedubs

Go Kart Champion
75 last column both tables

My last column is 95
My second to last column (700) is from 72 to 95
My third to last column (600) is from 60 to 95
and my 500 column is from 53 to 85.

I'm assuming if I'm going to set 75 as the new max I would need to scale it all appropriately?

joedubs

Go Kart Champion
If I do give it any more than half throttle it'll only be to see how it spools compared to the V2 did - and it won't be over ~4krpm.
But again, it's mostly just so that I can actually drive the car/function test/etc prior to(most likely) bringing it to UM to get tuned.

Thanks @Diggs24

joedubs

Go Kart Champion
Need help: 2 logs below. Both are half pulls, just to see how the V1 spooled. Slider is set to 20. Towards the top of 2nd I'm hitting 27.5 (look at that rail pressure). Seems to hold target in 3rd much better. Hits target wastegate position so I would think the wastegate targets need to be changed, but I need assistance.

2nd gear
https://datazap.me/u/joedubs/dbv2v1tbbbiglpfpv1?log=1&data=1-3-4&zoom=238-270

3rd gear
https://datazap.me/u/joedubs/dbv2v1tbbbiglpfpv1?log=0&data=1-3-4&zoom=650-743

I can post the tables I have available, I'm not sure if I have everything you gti/R guys do.

More background:

I'm on the tune that Sam did for me when I had the V2. We always had a little boost creep in 2nd but had decided not to bother dealing with it since I would be switching tunes. Now that I have a smaller turbo and I'll be running it a while longer for some reasons out of my control, i would like to try and fix it.

Edit: Went back a few pages and I see that nobody seems to have any idea how to control boost on the non BT files.
Bummer.

Last edited:

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Your "overboost" really isn't that bad, only 1 psi. I would consider that within acceptable spec? Slight drop in rail pressure but still within safe levels also. You could just lower the torque request table from 450 to 420 if you're concerned. That would be the simplest way to bring it back in control without seeing your whole tune.

joedubs

Go Kart Champion
Look at the 2nd gear log
I'm requesting 20, hitting 26+, and rail pressure dropping to 140k

Unless I'm reading it wrong.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Damn.. I didn't look at 2nd gear because I consider it a pretty useless gear because of how fast the car revs through it. You definitely have a problem there. Cut torque request to like 400. Geez...

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Edit: Went back a few pages and I see that nobody seems to have any idea how to control boost on the non BT files.
Bummer.

The factory boost control logic/tables uses axis' of "intake flow factor" and 'exhaust flow factor"...the problem is you can't log that in Maestro.....fail. So going to the boss loader files which use RPM vs airflow or MAP or whatever is more straight forward. From what I remember guys were generally just adding or subtracting 5 or 10 percent or whatever from the factory WG table and crossing their fingers.

"best" solution would be get something that can log what you need, like the Ecutek dongle, and then tuning/tweaking it should be pretty straight forward.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
The factory boost control logic/tables uses axis' of "intake flow factor" and 'exhaust flow factor"...the problem is you can't log that in Maestro.....fail. So going to the boss loader files which use RPM vs airflow or MAP or whatever is more straight forward. From what I remember guys were generally just adding or subtracting 5 or 10 percent or whatever from the factory WG table and crossing their fingers.

"best" solution would be get something that can log what you need, like the Ecutek dongle, and then tuning/tweaking it should be pretty straight forward.

Do you know of anyone who has successfully logged a ED Maestro tune with the ECUTek dongle?

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
It's came up in a few UM threads and it works for them. ED doesn't change the basic software version / ID so it should detect the ECU/DSG just fine. But no I have not done or seen it first hand.