GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Maestro DIY Tuning Help

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
More timing? What does it usually hit up top? Isn't that E30? Should be out at 15 or so near redline yes? That's a significant chunk of power.

It's not E30. It's probably closer to E19 cuz I limit myself to 3 gallons of ethanol because of the container I have. The ethanol I have in the tank tested at like E53. Junk.. :(

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
So you can't use the diagnostics and datalogging function in the maestro flasher? There are several parameters I can't see such as HPFP fuel pressure. And I'm not fully convinced the JB4 isn't interfering here even if it is on map0. Just want to see what it does on it's own with all the data that you can log with eurodyne.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
So you can't use the diagnostics and datalogging function in the maestro flasher? There are several parameters I can't see such as HPFP fuel pressure. And I'm not fully convinced the JB4 isn't interfering here even if it is on map0. Just want to see what it does on it's own with all the data that you can log with eurodyne.

I normally drive with the JB4 display on my phone so logging is simple. The maestro logging requires me to run the cable to the passenger seat and have a laptop (deal with the passenger seatbelt) etc. I really should put in the effort to use the maestro logger more often.

I don't think the JB4 messes with the HPFP values (which are listed in my logs). I see a nice drop in both the FP_H and the DI Pressure on either when boost hits with E in the tank. hehe.

This is what the curve looks like normally (or even more aggressive if I have good ethanol in the tank).

https://datazap.me/u/zumble/maestro-map-125m?log=0&data=1-3-12-19-20-21-22-23

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
hmm, well doesn't seem to be a torque issue then. I have seen some odities in timing sometimes as well but more like this (in a nutshell)

5700 10
5750 -9
5800 11

Have yet to see this since I removed the HPFP. Maybe it was related, maybe not, maybe just a logging error. Who knows.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
hmm, well doesn't seem to be a torque issue then. I have seen some odities in timing sometimes as well but more like this (in a nutshell)

5700 10
5750 -9
5800 11

Have yet to see this since I removed the HPFP. Maybe it was related, maybe not, maybe just a logging error. Who knows.

That's a NEGATIVE 9??? I've never seen that before in my logs.

Here is the same log I posted earlier but straight out of the ED/Maestro logger (not processed by Matt's log tool). Yeaaaaa.. it logs the rail pressure. Haha.
https://datazap.me/u/zumble/maestro...2-18-19-20-21-22-25-26-27-28-29&zoom=757-1020

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
I’d also recommend removing the
jB4 all together and logging with the Flash tool.

To each his own!

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Broken USB connection in Eurodyne Power Tap Cable

I'm posting this here in case anyone else runs in to this issue.

I broke the plastic insulator piece inside the USB connection of the Powertap cable and crushed the pins. If this happens to you, ED can fix this for you for $50 if you ship the cable to them. Or you can repair it yourself with this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R1HBJ64/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I've read about ED repaired cables not working, and slow return shipping so I decided to tackle it myself.

You just open the case with a torx bit, unsolder the old connector, then solder on one of the new connectors. You will need a fine tip soldering iron. You'll be soldering 4 small pins and two large support posts. Not going to post detailed instructions because I don't think anyone should be attempting this if you don't already know how to solder small electronics. Just know you can fix this yourself if you have simple soldering skills.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
How did you manage to do that, lol?

Break it? I'm not sure! The connector looks like solid design right!? I found the black middle piece on my passenger seat the morning after I realized I mangled the connector. I do remember trying to gather up the powertap by pulling on the USB cable (not really hard or anything) and finding the USB disconnected from the powertap. I assumed the connection was just really loose and the cable just came out of the connector. That's probably when the plastic piece fell out of the powertap. Later that night I crushed the pins in the USB when I tried to plug the USB cable back in to the powertap.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Interesting. I guess I have never pulled any of my cables off. I just pop the OBD off the car when done and toss the whole thing in my glovebox.

I normally don't disconnect my USB cable from the powertap either. I think at some point a lot of pressure may have been applied to the area where the USB cable and the powertap meet. Maybe an impact? I've thrown tools in my bag on top of the powertap. :(

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI