GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Maestro DIY Tuning Help

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
What changes did you make? Can you explain the tables?
I personally don’t understand them. I consulted a tuner for some help...
This worked on my IS20 but may not work for a bigger turbo

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
PSA: The latest Maestro update didn't install correctly on my machine. I had to roll back to an old installer file which I had for an older version. You guys may want to hold off on the update for now. Or try it if you have an old installer available to revert back to.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Worked fine for me

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Has anyone else noticed the ECU basically choosing a lower octane setting than it's set for during a pull? In this pull my octane slider is set at 96, but it looks like the ECU decides to use a curve that's more like 90 octane or something. No knock. Any idea what may have caused this? Only 4 degrees of timing at 6k where the max timing is 15.
You can see it sorts itself out again in 4th. It doesn't do this all the time. I've only seen this one other time before. I'd like to understand what's happening.

https://datazap.me/u/zumble/maestro-log-127?log=0&data=1-3-12-19-20-21-22-23-29-30

Last edited:

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT

Oh wow. You may have figured it out without knowing you did. This probably happened because of traction control!!! In your link you can see a slight jump in RPM then back down. That's exactly where the ignition falls!

Annotation 2020-06-04 135128.jpg

Annotation 2020-06-04 134846.jpg

Last edited:

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT

I guess I'll be activating sport mode before doing anymore logs. I guess the traction control pulls timing the whole time your foot is down. That explains why things return to normal after the shift.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I also would suggest removing the JB4.

Negative. Not until I can find another device that can do monitoring and logging. I still haven't found a very critical reason why I should remove it. First I was told the base flash wouldn't work with the JB4 installed (it did), then I was told the ED tune would not work with the JB4 installed (it does, or mostly does).