GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Macht Quits/Fired From VW Over MQB Woes

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
Yeah, I read that on Jalopnik yesterday. It doesn't mean that MQB is bad, just that they had unexpected problems and costs associated with the switch to MQB. Some of the machines used during manufacture had problems, but MQB as a whole appears to be a success.

EB2429

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTi 7.5
i hope the MQB platform is a success, but not sure we can say with confidence it is yet. However this news sounds more like a pr disaster than an anything else as the new owner delays and increased production cost will be long forgotten if the MQB reviews are positive in years to come.

Ottawa GTI1

Passed Driver's Ed
Production Boss Leaving

A pure fairy tale, from the magical land of Wolfsburg.
Once upon a time:
Big boss says: "we need to make and sell more cars in Chi*&, and export more there"
Ch*#^se government says: "no problem, you also need to buy more made-in-C@*@a industrial goods"
Big boss asks little boss: "is there anything we can buy from there that we can use?"
Little boss says: "maybe some huge sheet metal presses, say about 400 million Euros worth"
Big boss says to production boss: "you needed presses to do x, we got a good deal on some and they will work. Understood!?"
A good 12 months + after press delivery: presses take a lot of space and still make no parts; do not meet the technical needs
Big boss says to production boss: "bye"

Happens in many a large company.

MBQ: will take a lot of effort and quite some time to implement; a very complex undertaking

TerryReis

Passed Driver's Ed
A pure fairy tale, from the magical land of Wolfsburg.
Once upon a time:
Big boss says: "we need to make and sell more cars in Chi*&, and export more there"
Ch*#^se government says: "no problem, you also need to buy more made-in-C@*@a industrial goods"
Big boss asks little boss: "is there anything we can buy from there that we can use?"
Little boss says: "maybe some huge sheet metal presses, say about 400 million Euros worth"
Big boss says to production boss: "you needed presses to do x, we got a good deal on some and they will work. Understood!?"
A good 12 months + after press delivery: presses take a lot of space and still make no parts; do not meet the technical needs
Big boss says to production boss: "bye"

Happens in many a large company.

MBQ: will take a lot of effort and quite some time to implement; a very complex undertaking

Well put and so true.

Cheers,

Terry

jjm51

Ready to race!
on a personal level, keeps me from feeling bad about leasing the mk7 gti. i really wanted to buy, but i will wait until the bugs are worked out AND we get more options here in the states.

also, very well-put ottawa gti. so true.