GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Machine VS Razor

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Gents,

Been using a razor to shave all my life. Thinking of switching to a machine, thoughts? Have a thick beard.

IES99

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
I used electric in the past but changed to a multiblade razor years ago. The result with the razor has been better for me.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Cheap disposable blue razor works fine.
Have tried all types of razors up to the 5 blade. Didn't matter. Going to have a 5 o'clock shadow by 9am

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I'm going to bump this because I'm notorious for forgetting to shave for days at a time then on the few occasions where I do go into the office I see myself in a mirror and think....ehhh I should have shaved.

Thinking of keeping an electric in my office so I get away with a quick shave.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
When I used to shave I used a single edge blade. Saved so much money over disposable razors and just as close of a shave. Now I trim my beard with a buzzer and shape it up with a straight razor. Haven’t been clean shaven in probably 8-9 years.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
I used a razor before my last job interview. I usually just trim it down every 5 or so days, it doesn't grow very fast.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
I use a Razor Pit to clean my blades. Shave 2-3 times a week; blade last 2 months maybe before I start getting nicks.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
But you don't need shaving cream with an electric razor right?

The ability to do a quick dry shave would be the only reason I would keep an electric in my office.
You must need some creamy aftershave though, I'd imagine. It would irritate the skin.

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
I use the same method as mwoodski, minus the razor part. My beard is white and so am I, so the short stubble isn't really visible.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
I use the same method as mwoodski, minus the razor part. My beard is white and so am I, so the short stubble isn't really visible.
the stubble under my beard bothers the heck outta me lol