GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Macan Vs TTS callipers

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R

Would you be able to weigh one of the StopTech rotors before fitting them please?

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R
Would you be able to weigh one of the StopTech rotors before fitting them please?

They are not going to win any awards for weight savings. I pulled one up on Amazon and it shows 24.6lbs. I think I read that the stock VW rotors are 24lbs. As I had said in a previous reply, finding rotors here is hard at the moment, so choices are limited for those on a budget.

Last edited:

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R
Progress.

Shipping FedEx from Latvia was faster then UPS from California, so still waiting on parts.

Also note that if ordering like I did from e-Acca, the calipers come with the clip kits, meaning you don't need to order them separately. That will save $20 off of the cost. I wasn't aware of this and ordered them, so I now have 2 sets. I updated my post in message #298 to state this and to update the cheapest cost breakdown.

Last edited:

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
Progress.

Shipping FedEx from Latvia was faster then UPS from California, so still waiting on parts.

Also note that if ordering like I did from e-Acca, the calipers come with the clip kits, meaning you don't need to order them separately. That will save $20 off of the cost. I wasn't aware of this and ordered them, so I now have 2 sets. I updated my post in message #298 to state this and to update the cheapest cost breakdown.

Have you fitted these yet?

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R
They are on finally! It was getting late, so only a quick photo - I'll post some additional over the w/e:

The OEM Pretoria 19x8's clear with a 10mm spacer, but it should probably use a 12-15mm for some room to breathe as it's REALLY close. I have a set of 15mm spacers that I am going to swap on over the weekend to see what it looks with those.

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
They look great combined with the Stoptech rotors. Didn't realise you had a black car .... good choice!
How's the feel of the brake pedal?
Did you, or are you going to do the OBD11 modulation change like some are doing with the Macan callipers?
I've bought a 2nd hand set (as they're going to be painted) which should be here within a week. I'm just trying to decide what rotors I'm going to use. As for pads, I think I'll be buying TAROX fast road Strada.

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R
They look great combined with the Stoptech rotors. Didn't realise you had a black car .... good choice!
Did you, or are you going to do the OBD11 modulation change like some are doing with the Macan callipers?
I've bought a 2nd hand set (as they're going to be painted) which should be here within a week. I'm just trying to decide what rotors I'm going to use. As for pads, I think I'll be buying TAROX fast road Strada.

Thanks!

IMO, the brake pedal feels a little soft. I am going to tinker with the OBD11 changes to see if that helps. I seem to recall Clem604 saying his felt better after making the changes.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Last edited:

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
Thanks!

IMO, the brake pedal feels a little soft. I am going to tinker with the OBD11 changes to see if that helps. I seem to recall Clem64 saying his felt better after making the changes.

Keep us posted on your progress.

How did you bleed the brakes? Vacuum / VCDS?

I'm getting them painted first so it may be a while to get the, fitted by the time I get the brakes, send them off and get them back.
Just need to decide what rotors to go for.
Did you change the rear set up in any way?

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
The brake pedal feel is immensely improved by turning off the "Hydraulic Brake Boost" setting. There is another setting, which I forgot the name of, that in conjunction with disabling the brake boost setting really gives you the linear pedal feel you would want.

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R
Last edited: