GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Macan Vs TTS callipers

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R
Has anyone confirmed if either the Macan or TTS kit can be run with the 19x8 ET50 Pretorias? I've seen speculation and assumptions posted but not a single pic. There's a pic of a stock 19" A3 wheel mounted successfully, so I am hopeful.

Thx

Last edited:

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Has anyone confirmed if either the Macan or TTS kit can be run with Pretorias? I've seen speculation and assumptions posted but not a single pic. There's a pic of a stock 19" A3 wheel mounted successfully, so I am hopeful.

Thx
I have the TTS kit and it works with both my 17 and 18 inch wheels. Pretoria would fit too for sure but would need at least a 10mm spacer to clear. Most OEM wheels will fit with a spacer.

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
Agree with Clem604, I run 18x8 et 49 but need 15 mm spacers due to spokes on wheels. The original 18x7.5 et 45 also work and probably would with 10 mm spacers.

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R
So I found a car on killerbrakes.com's customer gallery that shows 19" Pretoria's with the TTS kit. In the killerbrakes product listing for the TTS kit it states that the Pretoria's need a 10mm spacer.

So that makes me feel that this is closer to a "go" on my end. I want to retain my Pretoria's and don't want to have to run a crazy sized spacer to make it happen.

Next question -

Any idea what the difference is in the part numbers?

For black, I see 2 #s listed (left side for reference):

8S0615107G to 09/2018
8S0615107J from 09/2018

For red, I see 2 listed (left side for reference):

8S0615107H to 09/2018
8S0615107K from 09/2018

Is the difference simply that he older ones have the TTs logo and the newer ones only have the "S"?

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
I believe the part number was superseded and yes you are correct, the newer calipers have just the S .

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Thanks for the info.

For those running the isweep 1500s, I notice that they do not come with the wear sensor, so curious how that is handled.

Almost ready to place the order with e-acca on the TTS setup
I am running the iSweep 1500 and yes do they not have a pad wear sensor but my car didn't come with one from factory.

How much are the calipers from E-Acca? I was able to get the calipers from my local Audi dealer for $580CAD($426USD) per caliper.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Thanks for the info.

For those running the isweep 1500s, I notice that they do not come with the wear sensor, so curious how that is handled.

Almost ready to place the order with e-acca on the TTS setup.

Thx!

Not sure why you're considering TTS instead of Macan, unless you have some expensive floating 340mm discs you want to keep...

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R
Not sure why you're considering TTS instead of Macan, unless you have some expensive floating 340mm discs you want to keep...

The Macan setup requires too large of a spacer for the Pretorias and I'm not buying wheels.

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
10mm for TTS and I've read 12, 15, or 20mm is needed for the Macan depending on the thread. Too much uncertainty.

I can tell you from experience that the 18" Prets don't fit with the Macan calipers with a 10mm spacer.

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
Here are some pictures of my set up with the TTS calipers on a 17 GTI sport. The wheels are Neuspeed RS forged (older model) 18x8 et45 with 15mm spacers. The spokes curve out from the hub to the rim. I have a measured 8mm of clearance at the middle of the spoke and the caliper at it mid-point (see picture 3). Stock wheels are Nogaro 18x7.5 49et. Don't know how this compares to the Pretoria.

Attachments

• P1050679.JPG
    P1050679.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 285
  • P1050680.JPG
    P1050680.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 237
  • P1050681.JPG
    P1050681.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 189

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R
How much are the calipers from E-Acca? I was able to get the calipers from my local Audi dealer for $580CAD($426USD) per caliper.

The black ones are $313USD and the red are I think $336USD each. I was quoted (and charged) $44USD for FedEx shipping, but we'll see if that holds true or not.

I couldn't make up my mind to get red or black but in the end I went with the black calipers (I have an R) with the older TTS script.

Last edited: