GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Macan Vs TTS callipers

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Lol thank you for the pics, jus curious howcome a 345mm rotors will fit the pads better than a 340mm hmmmmm

Because with the 340mm, my pads are slightly over hanging the outside of the rotor, but leaving 4mm unswept towards the hub. The height of the swept area on the mk6 R rotor is about 1mm shorter. So you end up with 1mm top and bottom on the swept area. Remember, the Macan calipers are paired with 345's to begin with.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Can anyone confirm whether or not they will fit with on R - with 19x8 prets + 10mm spacer ?

Do you know the offest of the 19" Pretorias?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The +51 18 x 7.5 do not fit with a 10mm spacer. They're 5mm shy of fitting. The 19"s are 8 inches wide and 1mm more offset, so you should have a good 8mm clearance.

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
I bought 340mm rotors for the Macan brake setup but haven’t had the brake kit fitted yet, what is the benefit of picking up the 345mm Mk6R rotors instead (or will it not make much difference)? Shipping back to FCP will probably cost nearly as much as the rotors themselves!

Also, are people that have this setup just coding their brake wear sensors off with VCDS? I have Centric PosiQuiets 10516630 ready to go.

Thanks.

saddart

Passed Driver's Ed
I bought 340mm rotors for the Macan brake setup but haven’t had the brake kit fitted yet, what is the benefit of picking up the 345mm Mk6R rotors instead (or will it not make much difference)? Shipping back to FCP will probably cost nearly as much as the rotors themselves!

Also, are people that have this setup just coding their brake wear sensors off with VCDS? I have Centric PosiQuiets 10516630 ready to go.

Thanks.
Btw I checked can't code away the brake sensor, have to improvise with connector or u can order from ecs the bypass

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

Thanks.

The benefit is that they're the correct size rotor and have greater thermal capacity. It'll reduce pedal travel too, because they're 2mm wider.

US GTI's don't have wear sensor. R does. There are pads compatible with this setup that have wear sensor. Look at pads choices for RS3

Last edited:

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
The benefit is that they're the correct size rotor and have greater thermal capacity. It'll reduce pedal travel too, because they're 2mm wider.

US GTI's don't have wear sensor. R does. There are pads compatible with this setup that have wear sensor. Look at pads choices for RS3

These will be going on a 4Motion Sportwagen (smaller master cylinder than GTI/PP/R), so pedal travel is a potential concern. Sounds like it's worth returning the 340's.

Are these the 345mm rotors I'm looking for? https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/vw-brake-disc-zimmermann-z-coat-1k0615301m#description