GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Macan Vs TTS callipers

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
So jus a quick update on the pedal feel and travel, this morning it felt it's back to stock travel and feel nice early strong pedal feel, of course the centric pads still lacks the initial bite, but the initial pedal travel is back to stock feeling, I suspect there might be air in the ABS pump, after some spirited driving last night which got the ABS activated the pedal feel change for the better.

If u can use VCDS to activate the ABS pump that might work, or do some hard braking in the wet to activate the pump possibly air in the ABS pump???

Do you notice any difference in feel besides the bite? More modulation, better feedback, etc? My schedule for deciding if I'm going for new pads got pushed up by a brake pad warning!

saddart

Passed Driver's Ed
Do you notice any difference in feel besides the bite? More modulation, better feedback, etc? My schedule for deciding if I'm going for new pads got pushed up by a brake pad warning!
Honestly speaking at this point it's feeling like stock OEM feel, the stock brakes were great to begin with for day to day driving, did this mod more for aesthetic feel, give me a day to do more test and I will get back to you!

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
So jus a quick update on the pedal feel and travel, this morning it felt it's back to stock travel and feel nice early strong pedal feel, of course the centric pads still lacks the initial bite, but the initial pedal travel is back to stock feeling, I suspect there might be air in the ABS pump, after some spirited driving last night which got the ABS activated the pedal feel change for the better.

If u can use VCDS to activate the ABS pump that might work, or do some hard braking in the wet to activate the pump possibly air in the ABS pump???

Hmm interesting. I've definitely driven in a way that activated the ABS (through a snow storm last weekend actually). Maybe it needs a few more cycles and another quick bleed?

Not sure anyone has the coding to cycle the mk7 ABS.

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
They were noted as having 40/44mm pistons in the other thread about Macan brakes (well, Cayenne brakes, but I digress). Don't know where this info came from.

The TTRS has staggered pistons (40/44mm), not sure what the TTS has, and if they are staggered at all.

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion

Hmm I tried getting the ABS going on my drive to work today. The pedal definitely gets back to OEM feel after a few ABS cycles but goes back to being long after a few minutes. I figured that I'll need to get the ABS going and try to bleed the brakes right after so the air doesn't get trapped again

Any news on whether we can use 345 disc?

I asked GTIfan99 if he had an update on the test fit in the other thread

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
Hmm I tried getting the ABS going on my drive to work today. The pedal definitely gets back to OEM feel after a few ABS cycles but goes back to being long after a few minutes. I figured that I'll need to get the ABS going and try to bleed the brakes right after so the air doesn't get trapped again

I asked GTIfan99 if he had an update on the test fit in the other thread
I fit the TTS calipers to a 17 GTI Sport with PP, thus 340mm rotors and you could not use larger rotors with these calipers without a additional bracket. I do not know about other cars and Saddart does not show the car he wants to install them on. These were a direct fit for the GTI w/PP.

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
I fit the TTS calipers to a 17 GTI Sport with PP, thus 340mm rotors and you could not use larger rotors with these calipers without a additional bracket. I do not know about other cars and Saddart does not show the car he wants to install them on. These were a direct fit for the GTI w/PP.

The Macan calipers (which Saddart is running) run stock 345mm rotors on a Macan. There's been some effort to find a 345mm disk that matches the other dimensions of the mk7 stock disk, and the closest has been the mk5/mk6 R32/R. Someone else is getting an old set to try, and we're just waiting for an update

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The Macan calipers (which Saddart is running) run stock 345mm rotors on a Macan. There's been some effort to find a 345mm disk that matches the other dimensions of the mk7 stock disk, and the closest has been the mk5/mk6 R32/R. Someone else is getting an old set to try, and we're just waiting for an update

I have the Macan Calipers on the car now with 340, but received a set of old mk6 R rotors yesterday. I should have time on Thursday to test to see if they fit correctly, but it looks like they're going to be a perfect fit. I'm also buying a set of Brembo pins that accept a cotter pin, instead of having to be inserted and removed with a punch.

I'm not feeling anymore travel with pedal that the PP's, but I vacuum bleed all four corners when I installed. I will say they are so much more progressive the way they bite that the PP brakes were, but that could just be pad choice. I'm running Power Stop z26 on the street. So far pretty happy, except my SRF fluid never came, so I have to find somewhere that has it in stock.

Anyone else running the GT3 ducts on a mk7? I'm interested to see how you trimmed them.

Last edited:

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
I have the Macan Calipers on the car now with 340, but received a set of old mk6 R rotors yesterday. I should have time on Thursday to test to see if they fit correctly, but it looks like they're going to be a perfect fit. I'm also buying a set of Brembo pins that accept a cotter pin, instead of having to be inserted and removed with a punch.

I'm not feeling anymore travel with pedal that the PP's, but I vacuum bleed all four corners when I installed. I will say they are so much more progressive the way they bite that the PP brakes were, but that could just be pad choice. I'm running Power Stop z26 on the street. So far pretty happy, except my SRF fluid never came, so I have to find somewhere that has it in stock.

Anyone else running the GT3 ducts on a mk7? I'm interested to see how you trimmed them.

Yeah I found the PP/R brakes way too touchy (not sure if it was the pads). I guess I just gotta keep working on the ABS unit.

I have the RS3 ducts and they don't interfere with the calipers.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yeah I found the PP/R brakes way too touchy (not sure if it was the pads). I guess I just gotta keep working on the ABS unit.

I have the RS3 ducts and they don't interfere with the calipers.

Yeah, the GT3 ducts are massive, so I'll have to trim and get a little creative with mounting. For $8 a set, I figured it was worth a shot.

saddart

Passed Driver's Ed
Oh I am from Singapore, so I got the Audi S3 hatchback, pretty much a Golf R haha

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Any pics of the setup? Looks like new rotors it is :D

No, they were worn out and rusty, so no pics, it was just a test fit.