GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Macan Vs TTS callipers

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Question of the day - will 17s (probably with spacers) fit over these? i know it's not recommended for the Macan so I'm assuming no...

Also, anybody who's been running these for a while, how's brake pad wear on the edge? notice a lip from the 2.5mm overhang (or does the mounting pattern already account for this)?

Last edited:

jeffkro

Go Kart Champion
I have the TT-S setup and a huge pro for me is being able to run my 17" winter setup with them. A con would definitely be the lack of pad options, right now afaik only iSweep, OEM, and G-Loc make pads for them. Paul at ShopDAP did say that EBC will be coming out with some TT-S pads at some point.
Everything about this is awesome

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
I have a 1.8T with the 57mm piston and 288mm rotors. From my understanding, master cylinder is 23.8 mm and the GTI/R is 25.4 mm. So I have the same piston area as the base GTI brakes but a different master cylinder. Would I have issues with the Macan calipers and should I just go with the 986 brakes instead which has less piston area than the 57mm piston (someone in the past had calculated about 2200-2300)? I know i could just upgrade carriers and pads but i want that bbk look tbh

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Question of the day - will 17s (probably with spacers) fit over these? i know it's not recommended for the Macan so I'm assuming no...

I'm curious if anyone has tired. I'd be fine with some barrel scratches if it means I could still run 17" RPF1s

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
I'm curious if anyone has tired. I'd be fine with some barrel scratches if it means I could still run 17" RPF1s

the big problem with barrel clearance is wheel weights - as is, my stock PP brakes BARELY clear a single thickness wheelweight (the last shop had doubled them up and they wouldn't clear - and yes, they did a shitty job, but they're winter wheels so IDGAF mostly).

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Ordered Macan calipers today. Can't wait.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Macan is a confirmed fit and they use the same pads as 2004 to 2013 Subaru STI.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Has anyone confirmed this to be true about pads being same as STI?

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2012 Gti 4 door DSG
The B9 audi A4 lists 338mm rotor are 57.1mm tall so the offset is way off when you look at the 49.7 mm Golf R rotor. So 7.4mm would have to be moved (manufacture a bracket) in order to use the A4 B9 calipers on a mk7 ,mk6, ect.

Looking forward to see the results on the Macan Brake setup.

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
This is information that non0044 and I have put together over the last few months. We are not responsible for you changing your car from factory, and if you aren't knowledgeable about cars or braking systems, you might be better off keeping your cars OEM brakes.

Applications
The Macan calipers are direct fit on PP, R, and S3 with the info below. They also are direct fit on new A4 and A5, but you'll need to figure out brake lines. The applications listed below use same pads, RS3 have the slot for R owners to use brake wear sensor. They also fit the regular MK7 and non-PP GTI, but will require 345mm rotors.

Calipers
Part number for calipers. Sunset Porsche sells them for $242 each. Available widely at almost any dealer for $250-ish.

95B-615-123-F
95B-615-124-F

Brake Pads
Pagid 2487 is the backing plate for the Macan pads and these are all the Pagid pads that use the same plate and thickness of pad. All of the below vehicles use the exact same pad as the Macan, regardless of rotor size.

REF NO. THICKNESS MAKE MODEL YEAR FRONT
2487 15.4 mm Aston Martin DB 9 04 → X, 355mm
2487 15.4 mm Aston Martin Vantage V8 GT4 ProDrive [race car] 12 → X, no idea, likely 370mm.
2487 15.4 mm Audi TT RS 2.5 Quattro 09 → X, 370mm
2487 15.4 mm Cadillac CTS-V (4 piston front caliper) 03 → 09 X, 355mm
2487 15.4 mm Chevrolet Corvette Brembo non ceramic 09 → X, 380mm
2487 15.4 mm Chevrolet Camaro SS non-1LE 09 → X, 345mm x 30mm
2487 15.4 mm Ford GT 04 → 06 X X, 355mm
2487 15.4 mm Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 07 → X, 355
2487 15.4 mm Ford Mustang Boss 302 12 → X, 355mm
2487 15.4 mm Honda (Acura) Acura TL 04 → X, 330mm
2487 15.4 mm Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 track 10 → X, 340mm
2487 15.4 mm Mitsubishi Lancer Evo V - Evo IX 98 → 06 X, 330mm
2487 15.4 mm Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X 07 → X, 350mm
2487 15.4 mm Subaru STI 03 → X, 330mm
2487 15.4 mm Volvo S60 Turbo R Brembo brakes 03 → X, 305mm
2487 15.4 mm Volvo V70 R 2.5T Brembo brakes 03 → X, 305mm
2487 15.4 mm Audi A3 RS3 Quattro 11 → X, 370mm
2487 15.4 mm Dodge Viper SRT TA (time attack) 14 → X X, 355mm as far as I can find.

For pads I used Z26 and Track Day. For $200 I got a set of street pads and track pads that are designed for these calipers. Part numbers below and I'll let everyone know about fitment once they come in and how they perform on street and track. I'll be running them on track with RE71R's, SRF fluid, and I'm not a slow driver. Autocross I'm top 5 pax in a large region with 5 or 6 current and former national champions and I beat up on some much faster cars on track, do some endurance racing raced carts as a kid and I'm a second slower at Sebring in a T4 Miata than my codriver who was just picked up for a TCA seat. , so I should be able to give a really good idea of how the Track Pads hold up.

Power Stop Z26-1001 $79
Power Stop PST-1001 $120

Brake Lines
For brake lines, email Chris@techna-fit.com and ask for the below. They were $50 + $9 shipping handling and he can do SS if you request. You can also use stock Macan lines but they're more expensive new and you have to ziptie them, so why? They can make them in SS.

Need 24" custom brake lines.
Hard line side 2016 Audi S3.
Needs the fitting to secure line to the knuckle.
Caliper side 2014 Audi S4.

Wheel fitment
17" and 18" barrels pretty easily clear the calipers, it's all going to be down to spoke design. The only wheels I know for sure that fit are listed below. I'll add to the list as I verify.

18x8.5 +45 Neuspeed RSe10
18 x 7.5 +51 factory Pretorias DO NOT FIT without 20mm spacer. I would never run that much spacer. YMMV.
17x8 +45mm Neuspeed RSE05 - fit perfectly without spacers or hub rings
17 x 7.5 +45 Konig Runlites fit with 10mm spacer.
17x7.5" +48mm RPF1 - do NOT fit (5mm is required to clear the face. 15mm spacers did not clear the barrel. Likely over 20mm required)
17x7.5" +42mm Sport Edition P4 - 12mm spacers required to clear face

Template for testing fitment with Macan calipers.
http://bd8ba3c866c8cbc330ab-7b...cdn.com/Q5_B8_BBK_Template.pdf

Caliper Rebuild Kit

Centric Parts
Part Number: 143.62059

Brake ducting
I'm removing the heat shields and I've bought Porsche GT3/2 brake ducts. They're $8 a set.

Rotors
M6 R/R32/CC 345mm x 30mm rotors fit perfectly, but you can stil use your 340mm x 30mm without issue. I test fitted rotors off a friends mk6 R and it's perfect. Less than .5 above and 3mm below the pad not being swept by pad.

VCDS/OBDeleven optimizations
I think I figured out why the brakes are so weird feeling. Even after I got them to firm up, they never really felt like I'm used to in my old STI or 911. I bought OBD11 to make some changes for track and had an ah ha moment.

The last change to make was for hydraulic brake assist, but I couldn't get it to work in OBD11 because I didn't have the correct security code. Took a couple of days to find it, but in the meantime, I drove around with the other changes and brakes felt the same. I finally found the code and deactivated Hydraulic brake assistance in the 03 module and they brakes actually work like a normal car now. Holy cow, night and day difference.

Here are some of the changes, but hydraulic brake assist is the only one your notice in everyday driving.

03 braking module security code 25757 worked for straight ahead brake stabilization. Turned it off and it'll allow trail braking into a corner without the abs fighting you.

03 braking module security code11966 worked for hydraulic brake assist. Removes the computer controlled brake boost that smooths out your braking and boosts braking pressure in panic stops. Gives you 100% control of brake pressure. Pedal felt amazing after turning off.

03 abs module Brake booster security code 25001. Factory setting 4, most use 2, I like 3.

Impressions
I haven't tracked them yet, but did a shakedown at an autocross. So much easier to modulate and they felt amazing. PP were always grabby and inconsistent. I'll update once I hit the track, but I expect about the same performance as these calipers when they were on my STI, as Subaru used the same 2 piece Brembo design.

Enjoy.

Last edited:

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
They are direct fit on PP, R, and S3 with the info below. They also are direct fit on new A4 and A5, but brake lines will be different and you will need to look at the list below and figure out the correct pad based on your cars rotor diameter.

Awesome info. I'll be very curious as to your impressions on brake feel as well. Strongly considering this for my car for less weight and better feel. I'm not planning any track time but will definitely get some fast autox use (Devens airfield, so big open courses for the most part with heavy braking zones).

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Awesome info. I'll be very curious as to your impressions on brake feel as well. Strongly considering this for my car for less weight and better feel. I'm not planning any track time but will definitely get some fast autox use (Devens airfield, so big open courses for the most part with heavy braking zones).

After there first track day, the PP's have been mush on my 2019 GTI, so I'm betting the Brembos, new pads, and SRF is going to feel significantly better. I'll update. I'm also curious to see if it affects brake balance, I wouldn't be sad if the rear bias increased a little.

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
The B9 audi A4 lists 338mm rotor are 57.1mm tall so the offset is way off when you look at the 49.7 mm Golf R rotor. So 7.4mm would have to be moved (manufacture a bracket) in order to use the A4 B9 calipers on a mk7 ,mk6, ect.

Looking forward to see the results on the Macan Brake setup.

Sup?

Last edited:

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
Winter wheels are RTX Vaden 17x7.5 +35. Need a 5mm spacer to clear the face of the caliper. Only 5mm clearance from the spoke to face even with spacers.

Fits 17" barrel (and wheel weights) ez pz.