GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Macan Vs TTS callipers

Agray

Go Kart Champion
TT-S and TTRS are 2 different trim levels. The TTRS calipers are (IIRC) 8-pot and require 370mm rotors whereas the TT-S are 4-pot and require a 340mm rotor.
Got it. Man I was considering the TTRS until I saw the cost of the consumables. Those rotors are $$$. Now to find the red TTS calipers... The appear to be sold out everywhere unless I'm missing something obvious.

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R
Got it. Man I was considering the TTRS until I saw the cost of the consumables. Those rotors are $$$. Now to find the red TTS calipers... The appear to be sold out everywhere unless I'm missing something obvious.

I got mine from e-Acca in Latvia. FedEx shipping was $44 and they were still cheaper than they would have been buying in the US. See my cost breakdown here:

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/macan-vs-tts-callipers.366204/page-20#post-7464443

They can source the red ones but they are like $20 more per caliper (red is more $ in the US as well - not sure why).

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
I got my red TTS calipers from an Audi dealer a year ago. You could probably find it there.

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
IMG_3149.JPG

So they've come back from paint!

@VAG Parts Bin. What order did you bleed the callipers in, outside bleed nipple 1st or inside bleed nipple 1st?

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R
As I had said in another reply, I didn't do my install. My yearly inspection/emissions were due and I don't have any room in the garage to be working on the car at the moment, so I had my local indy guy do the brakes while the car was in the shop for the inspection/emissions.

Did you have the rears sprayed to match?

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
What length lines are you guys running?
I'm having issues getting information from HEL and Goodridge regarding the length and angle of the banjo fitting at the calliper.
KillerBrakes have been very little help and have just said to buy their HEL lines which are around 25% more expensive than buying direct from the HEL custom site here in the UK
Are you just using Golf specification lines with the TTS / Macan fitting at the calliper end?

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
What length lines are you guys running?
I'm having issues getting information from HEL and Goodridge regarding the length and angle of the banjo fitting at the calliper.
KillerBrakes have been very little help and have just said to buy their HEL lines which are around 25% more expensive than buying direct from the HEL custom site here in the UK
Are you just using Golf specification lines with the TTS / Macan fitting at the calliper end?
Not sure what length my brake lines are and I cant answer your other questions, but i'm using these lines:

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-neuspeed-parts/stainless-steel-brake-lines-front/h.vw.2f.411.red~/

I see that Awesome in the Manchester is a Neuspeed dealer so they could probably get you the lines.

Last edited:

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
IMO, the brake pedal feels a little soft. I am going to tinker with the OBD11 changes to see if that helps. I seem to recall Clem604 saying his felt better after making the changes.

Did you try the OBD11 changes to firm the brake pedal up yet?
My callipers has to be returned to the painters as I discovered some issues with the work they had carried out so the whole upgrade has been put on hold until they return. 🙈

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
did you ever solve your brake line dilemma?
Yup.
I put a TTS line and an R line together and the TTS line was approximately 20mm longer. All of the other fitting were exactly the same.
I then put a TTS calliper and an R calliper next to each other and the banjo mounting point on the TTS calliper was approximately 20mm further away than the banjo mounting point on the R calliper.
So basically no custom lines were needed. All I needed to order were TTS lines.
I contacted a Goodridge supplier (my preferred choice) but for some reason they had 2 different versions of a Mk3 Audi TTS on file so I went to the HEL website and ordered TTS lines from them instead.
I guess they will arrive within a week or two. I still haven't got my callipers back from the painters again so I'm on hold atm.
Did you do the OBD11 changes to firm the pedal or have you got used to the lower biting point?

Last edited:

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
just an fyi, neuspeed rse 10 fit over rs3/ttrs 8 piston brake setups. Pictured is a 18x8.5 +45 offset rse10. The tightest point is the clearance between the top of the caliper and the barrel.
I am getting the wheels rebalanced as there is a cunt hair of clearance in that area with the wheel weights where they are, I gonna move them further inwards.

Attachments

• IMG_1542.JPG
    IMG_1542.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 305

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
So the HEL lines arrived and they were around an inch and a half shorter that the OE TTS lines.
I'm not having much luck with this so far. 🙈. I've sent the lines back along with the Audi line so there should be no excuse for not getting it right next time around.
The callipers have been sent back to me and the previous issues seem to have been fixed so that's one step in the right direction.
The brake bleeding kit that ShopDap used in their instructional video has been ordered too so all the pieces are going together.
Just need to visit the local VW dealership now to get new calliper mounting bolts, rotor locating screws and hopefully some CS rotors.

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
Finally got around to fitting the callipers and CS discs yesterday.
It went reasonably smoothly but but have a couple of issues.
Despite the the company the sprayed my callipers saying that they pressure tested them before sending them out all 4 connection points leaked on my 1st test drive. I had to take both wheels off again to re-tighten them which was a bit annoying.
Other than that my only other concern is where the HEL braided lines connect to the hard line on the car. For some reason, despite tightening them as much as possible there is more thread showing than on the previous Goodridge lines fitted to the OE R callipers.
There also seems to be a small unswept area on the outer part of the rotor but I guess seeing as the TTS uses 338mm rotors instead of the Golf R 340mm rotors this is to be expected?!?
I need to go out to that car this morning and check to make sure there have been not leaks over night too .... fingers crossed!

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
IMG_3376.JPG
IMG_3404.JPG

So as per my last post, the TTS callipers are now fitted along with the Club Sport rotors. I decided to paint the hubs black and I think that they look pretty good.
The brakes will need to bed in and Tarox (I've fitted Tarox Strada pads) recommend gentle braking for the first couple of hundred miles. The brake pedal feels really quite good atm but I'm interested in seeing what the OBD11 mod would be like.
@Clem604 I know you did the OBD11 mod, is your car and R or Gti? What OBD11 mods did you do, all of them or just some of them?
@VAG Parts Bin did you ever do the OBD11 mod or have you left everything as standard?

Attachments

• IMG_3404.JPG
    IMG_3404.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 135