GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Macan Vs TTS callipers

Macan BASE model (2.0L & 3.0L variants), FRONT caliper. - part # 95B-615-123-F / 95B-615-124-F
or
Q5 3.0 model, FRONT caliper. part # 8R0 615 107 G / 8R0 615 108 G
The Macan calipers are cheaper, 240 each at Sunset Porsche.

Anyone know an off the shelf solution for the brake lines?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
this may help for rotor sizing info
https://www.bremboparts.com/europe/en/catalogue/porsche-macan-95b-2-0/000117979-1

from this site i have determined that macan and SOME Q5 have 345mm from rotors. Golf R/gti PP are 340, so using a macan or q5 caliper that if made for 345mm will have 2.5mm of overhang on the pads which could cause excessive noise and wear. Has anyone actually done these calipers? I'd like to see how the pads sit on our 340mm rotors

Also there are differences in the rotors specs from macan/q5 345 to golf R/gti PP front rotors.
The macan/q5 rotors are 52.1mm tall vs 49.7 mm yet they are both 30mm thick, therefore the macan/q5 rotors sit further inwards by 2.4mm and the center hold of the macan/q5 rotor is 68mm vs 65mm on the R. So if someone made a hubcentric ring for the macan/q5 rotor and if that 2.4mm of extra offset does not hit the ball joint on the mk7 then it could be possible to bolt these on, rotors and calipers

also of note brembo lists the tts replacement rotor as 340mm ( golf r rotor) and not 338mm like other places.
THE B9 audi A4 lists 338mm rotor, so it may be possible that they fit too ( there's a set of calipers for sale right now on here in the classifieds for cheap)

Last edited:

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
Has anyone on here actually done this conversion?

I also assume that the 2 litre & 3 Litre Mecan callipers exactly the same and is there a reasonable pad choice for these callipers

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
I get the impression it's more complicated than that. Even companies that do that all the time haven't with these ones. The response I got from Carbotech, for example, was:

Porterfield will machine new backing plates based on the pads you send. Sounds like Carbotech just makes compounds

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
Agreed, I messaged with the guy who initially installed them from the other thread (he’s a Porsche tech). They’re a direct fit and he really likes them. R/PP rotors bolt right up. I can link the SS lines he recommended as well if people are interested.

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Agreed, I messaged with the guy who initially installed them from the other thread (he’s a Porsche tech). They’re a direct fit and he really likes them. R/PP rotors bolt right up. I can link the SS lines he recommended as well if people are interested.

Please do. The Macan option is more appealing to me over the TTRS due to price, the direct bolt on aspect and if they use the same pads as 04 to 13 STI there should be a lot of pad options. Are the bolts used to attached the caliper to our knuckle VW bolts or Porsche bolts?

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
Brake lines: https://www.uspmotorsports.com/USP-...gABg7dJukYoG3BJwskDFXaidO22ZDiBxoCGusQAvD_BwE

I emailed USP to ask about their length (apparently 24" is needed).

The Audi Q5 3.0T brake pad selection should also apply to this brake option (same Brembo calipers, just Audi branded, and more expensive).

This is the caliper bolt he used: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine...t-caliper-carrier-bolt-priced-each/n91084901/

Should be the standard bolt for any MQB vehicle with the 55mm aluminum knuckles. For the 50mm steel knuckles on my GSW, I'm planning to reuse the stock bolt.

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Brake lines: https://www.uspmotorsports.com/USP-...gABg7dJukYoG3BJwskDFXaidO22ZDiBxoCGusQAvD_BwE

I emailed USP to ask about their length (apparently 24" is needed).

The Audi Q5 3.0T brake pad selection should also apply to this brake option (same Brembo calipers, just Audi branded, and more expensive).

This is the caliper bolt he used: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine...t-caliper-carrier-bolt-priced-each/n91084901/

Should be the standard bolt for any MQB vehicle with the 55mm aluminum knuckles. For the 50mm steel knuckles on my GSW, I'm planning to reuse the stock bolt.

Did you hear from USP about the length of the lines? Could any stainless steel brakes lines for a TTRS be used? I'd would guess so since any brand should really be the same spec...?

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Great thanks for the update. Does anyone know if the Macan callipers are available in red? I mean it's easy enough to paint them to match the rear GTI brakes but would be nice if they came that way.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Any reason why we can’t use the Porsche brake line?

Also I’m a bit confused about the mounting bolts. Aluminum knuckles needs those bolts or only steel knuckles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk