GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mac OS Mavericks

jnj2455

Ready to race!
Anybody else running this and feel like it sucks peen?

I have a Fall 2011 Macbook Pro 15" 2GHz i7 and it originally came with a 4GB of RAM memory. I had been running Mountain Lion perfectly fine and when the update for Mavericks came on I just blindly downloaded it onto my computer. I typically don't check reviews on updates cuz I'd rather form my own opinion of how the build is.

As soon as I got Mavericks I immediately noticed sluggish behavior. A quick glance through Activity Monitory and it seemed like some component of my Mail App was robbing internal memory dry. For whatever reason, Mail doesn't even open for me anymore. I click on it, I get the beachball and it quits responding and never loads. Not to mention the internal fans flare up while the computer gets super hot.

Same goes for the Messages app which I had set up to receive iMessages for both my personal iPhone and work iPhone. Though it loads and works properly, my computer again starts having a meltdown and things come to a grinding halt.

I should mention that I've already upgraded my RAM to 8GB and every time I try to open Mail/Messages still, shit just hits the fan. I've resorted to just not opening those two apps now and have downloaded a 3rd party application to view my Gmail account. Computer runs normally otherwise.

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
I am still running Lion and have the same specs as you… Is it even worth upgrading previous OS prior to Mavrick?

Sorry if its OT