GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

M4 vs Dbv2 Audi vs Vette

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Lol... Seems like it. By the way, is your car manual or DCT?
DCT. They noticed a pattern where 5 of the 9 cars reported on that thread had admitted to hitting the kickdown right prior to it happening. Of course SSR is going to make videos about an epidemic of failures, they are making money hand over fist the more people get scared about it.

Looking at the data reported online it is very rare to actually happen on stock turbo. I mean shit the main thread for it has 9-11 cars that have had this happen on the s55 m4. Yes, NINE TO ELEVEN. But if you talk to someone anecdotally they're all spinning crank hubs down the street and they personally know 2 that have spun xD.

I live local to a pretty well known BMW tuner (doc vu) and straight up asked him what the odds are of it happening on a stock turbo car and he said 90% chance it will be fine but then drops dramatically once you go upgraded turbo. It seems the rule of thumb with the newer cars is anything on stock twins it's a pretty safe bet that it will be fine. This car has 60k miles on it as well. It's also kind of one of those things where the majority of failures at LOWER power levels seem to happen within a 20k period from the factory.

It's easy to point fingers and say DO THIS, but if you had to pay 6,000$ to fix something on your mk7 that likely would never break, what would you do? :)

Should also point out that the GTS m4 (identical engine) comes from the factory with 500hp and nearly 500tq on the same part NO.

Last edited:

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
It's easy to point fingers and say DO THIS, but if you had to pay 6,000$ to fix something on your mk7 that likely would never break, what would you do? :)

You can damn near buy a MK7 for $6k. To save a $1200 dollar EA888, hell no. To save a $20k S55, hell yeah.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
You can damn near buy a MK7 for $6k. To save a $1200 dollar EA888, hell no. To save a $20k S55, hell yeah.
Lol Im looking into it anyway since theres a local shop that can do it wont have to ship my car states over. If I spend the money to get it done then this car is getting SENT to 700whp but if I dont then its a good excuse to stop at stage 2 power levels :D

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
How much is it to get done? Can you do it yourself? I dont get how you're getting faster 60 to 130 on a stock m4 than a 530hp golf. Am I missing something?

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
How much is it to get done? Can you do it yourself? I dont get how you're getting faster 60 to 130 on a stock m4 than a 530hp golf. Am I missing something?
We're kinda surprised as well lol. It's just flashed ots MHD base map no other mods.

The golf was faster 120-130 by .3 seconds tho. But 60-120 they are pretty close. However 60-90 range the m4 has quite an advantage from all the torque and rwd/ faster shifting trans.

It's like 4,000-7000$ depending on which crank hub you get and what shop it is. I'll probably get the maximum psi one which is so overpriced :/

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
DCT. They noticed a pattern where 5 of the 9 cars reported on that thread had admitted to hitting the kickdown right prior to it happening. Of course SSR is going to make videos about an epidemic of failures, they are making money hand over fist the more people get scared about it.

Looking at the data reported online it is very rare to actually happen on stock turbo. I mean shit the main thread for it has 9-11 cars that have had this happen on the s55 m4. Yes, NINE TO ELEVEN. But if you talk to someone anecdotally they're all spinning crank hubs down the street and they personally know 2 that have spun xD.

I live local to a pretty well known BMW tuner (doc vu) and straight up asked him what the odds are of it happening on a stock turbo car and he said 90% chance it will be fine but then drops dramatically once you go upgraded turbo. It seems the rule of thumb with the newer cars is anything on stock twins it's a pretty safe bet that it will be fine. This car has 60k miles on it as well. It's also kind of one of those things where the majority of failures at LOWER power levels seem to happen within a 20k period from the factory.

Should also point out that the GTS m4 (identical engine) comes from the factory with 500hp and nearly 500tq on the same part NO.

You're talking odds about it happening and with your luck I would be afraid of the odds. I certainly hope not though.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Any time you lose connection (like the 3rd pic) the time is suspect. Could be faster or slower.
That was the golf. I don't think that's losing connection, I've noticed it happens when I hit bumps on the highway. It's happened before using this strange stretch but I can't replicate in other spots. I think it's when you hit a decent bump at high speeds it kind of throws it off for a sec. Idk

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
So is that how people cheat? I've heard you can move it up and down real fast to make it manipulate your time (not saying you did). I know on mine I went under an overpass and I lost time :(
People can cheat dragy?

My times are too slow to cheat. Not like I'm hitting 8s with an "is20" or anything cough

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I ran a (assumed) stock M4 several times today in my normal route through Mexico.

Few 60 rolls, even letting her (younger blonde maybe high school or college age) take the hit I was able to inch away.

Same location as basically every other set of runs I’ve posted about we hit a left turning lane and had an unobstructed two lane to get a good 20-110ish pull in. I started 2 lengths ahead and let off 3 or 4 ahead.

Car was very sharp, not sure what they call it, but a deep brownish maroon color. Even the stock (assumed) exhaust had some nice crackles to it and a nice deep tone. I might have won the races, but if my parents let me drive their M4 at that age I’d still consider that a win in itself.