GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LSD Install in South L.A. area?

mike-y

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI / 2016 R
Looking to get a wavetrac LSD installed in my 2017 with DSG. Does anyone know of a shop in the south LA area (El Segundo, Torrance, Long Beach, etc) that is experienced with this?

thanks!

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
If you're willing to drive a few miles more south, you should definitely check out EMD Auto in Anaheim, or Four Seasons Tuning in that general area. They should have a lot of experience with that install, and are longtime, reputable VAG shops

TCdaosithui

Ready to race!
you can also go north in burbank or santa clarita

mike-y

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI / 2016 R
If you're willing to drive a few miles more south, you should definitely check out EMD Auto in Anaheim, or Four Seasons Tuning in that general area. They should have a lot of experience with that install, and are longtime, reputable VAG shops

Thanks! I may just have to drive down there, it doesn't seem like there is anyone experienced with this sort of thing around here.

DarkArrow

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'18 R
Thanks! I may just have to drive down there, it doesn't seem like there is anyone experienced with this sort of thing around here.
Can't speak highly enough of EMD. They did my Wavetrac install on my 6MT R. I didn't realize there was additional installation ARP bolts needed, and they went the extra mile to get them from Autotech. Basically everything on my car was installed by EMD.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
you can also go north in burbank or santa clarita
Where do you recommend in Burbank? I'm in the SFV area and I've driven down to EDM and Pacific German for work. No concern with using either of them again but getting down there for drop-off and then pickup uses the better part of a couple days. If there's a good shop in Burbank, or even better Santa Clarita, those are a quick trip, much more convenient.

mike-y

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI / 2016 R
Metric auto sport did a dsg lsd on my old golf R
Can't speak highly enough of EMD. They did my Wavetrac install on my 6MT R. I didn't realize there was additional installation ARP bolts needed, and they went the extra mile to get them from Autotech. Basically everything on my car was installed by EMD.

Thanks for the info! Didn't know about the additional bolts needed for the install!

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Where do you recommend in Burbank? I'm in the SFV area and I've driven down to EDM and Pacific German for work. No concern with using either of them again but getting down there for drop-off and then pickup uses the better part of a couple days. If there's a good shop in Burbank, or even better Santa Clarita, those are a quick trip, much more convenient.

I believe Eurowurx is in Burbank, https://www.yelp.com/biz/eurowurx-burbank-2 ...if you are willing to go up to Santa Clarita...there is Uber Wurkx. https://www.yelp.com/biz/uber-wurkx-santa-clarita-2?osq=vw+repair

For the OP...Eurosport is in Anaheim, https://www.eurosportacc.com/

TCdaosithui

Ready to race!
Chogokin said it all.
There is also Rolo's VW & Audi in noHo. He is on FB, rolovwaudi402@gmail.com, 8183811555

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I appreciate the info from everyone. I'm going to make a few calls and see if any of these shops have done a timing belt on an MK7 TDI. I don't know that it's really any different than any other MK7, but it's beyond me either way.

It's a stop sale car, actually built late 2014 but not registered until 2017. I'm not at the mileage for a timing belt but I'm definitely due for one age-wise.