GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LSD important or not ?

avs

Passed Driver's Ed
Contemplating, dealership quoted me $24500 plus tax, title and fees for a 2018 DSG base Msrp:was $27800. Didn’t even bother asking on the SE as they were going for like $32k tried looking for a left over 2017 with PP but all the ones I came across were out of state and according to my local stealership they don’t price match. The crappy part is that there aren’t too many VW dealerships near me.

What’s holding you back from buying a car out of your area? The process is quite simple especially when there’s no trade involved. Go to edmunds.com and request price quote via email. If you like the price quote they sent you via email buy from them. If they can’t provide a price quote via email...walk!

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Contemplating, dealership quoted me $24500 plus tax, title and fees for a 2018 DSG base Msrp:was $27800. Didn’t even bother asking on the SE as they were going for like $32k tried looking for a left over 2017 with PP but all the ones I came across were out of state and according to my local stealership they don’t price match. The crappy part is that there aren’t too many VW dealerships near me.

You can always buy it out of state. Below thread should show you the deals what people are getting.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8082

greens

Ready to race!
Personally, LSD was worth the extra money. I think SE would give you the upgraded brakes as well. One does not need to track the vehicle to get the most out of these features. Not sure how long are you planning to keep the vehicle, by opting for the SE you might not have buyer's remorse in the future as well.

For 2018 even the base S model gets the PP with the upgraded brakes. The only thing it doesn't get is the VAQ. The double up on the warranty is certainly nice as well.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold

gti211

Passed Driver's Ed
What’s holding you back from buying a car out of your area? The process is quite simple especially when there’s no trade involved. Go to edmunds.com and request price quote via email. If you like the price quote they sent you via email buy from them. If they can’t provide a price quote via email...walk!

Actually I do have a trade that I still owe on so the process of getting a vehicle appraised from an out of state dealer goes out the window.

gti211

Passed Driver's Ed
For 2018 even the base S model gets the PP with the upgraded brakes. The only thing it doesn't get is the VAQ. The double up on the warranty is certainly nice as well.

Unfortunately I don’ think the S model gets those options the power boost yes but not the bigger brakes.

Juggar

Ready to race!

The 2018 S does NOT get upgraded brakes. The only thing it gets out of the "performance pack" is the +10 HP boost.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
wasn't it decided that Performance pack meant brakes and LSD and not power

No & never will be any other variation as the VAQ & "R" brakes add more weight to standard car...so they have to increase the engine power slightly to compensate...for those two items together..

gti211

Passed Driver's Ed
Just came back from seeing a 2017 GTI S CPO DSG tranny black exterior with 5600 miles clean inside and out. Checking out the Carfax I see that it was owned by a fleet ??? Selling price of the car is $21498 before taxes, tag and fees. What do you guys think ? Should I be worried ? Test drove it and it was pretty smooth.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Just came back from seeing a 2017 GTI S CPO DSG tranny black exterior with 5600 miles clean inside and out. Checking out the Carfax I see that it was owned by a fleet ??? Selling price of the car is $21498 before taxes, tag and fees. What do you guys think ? Should I be worried ? Test drove it and it was pretty smooth.

I wouldnt even consider a used “fleet” vehicle for this price after looking at the deals other members are getting here on brand new ones with people’s warranty.

gti211

Passed Driver's Ed
Really ? I thought that being that it only has 5600 miles and certified that it was a pretty good deal considering 200 miles away the same car with 5000 miles more was selling for about the same price ? Only difference was that the other car was a leased vehicle not a fleet but was certified as well.