GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LPFP Golf 7.5 GTI problems

Twiggi 13

Car(s)
7.5 Gti & 6R
Hi, I have a 220 Golf 7.5 GTI. It was fitted with a IS20 hybrid stage 2 CPI tuning Cool Boost Meth Kit and made 255wkw with everything else being stock except for downpipe and R600 intake. Even at this stage my stock LPFP was running at its limits an d car would often go into limp mode when racing hard of the line. I have upgraded to a IS38 ball bearing turbo and knew that I would have to upgrade the LPFP. After advise from the guys a Performance Parts South Africa I purchased a Walbro 450 and installed it in into the stock basket running the stock controller as well. They assured me that they stock controller would be able to handle the bigger pump. Unfortunately it would seem that they were mistaken and that the amps are too high for the stock controller causing engine light to come on and giving me and error that the fuel pump speed is to slow.

Any suggestions out there as I do not want to go the whole aftermarket controller route.

On my sons 6R i have fitted Walbro 255 as an additional pump running of a boost switch but don't want to go this route on my car.

Thank you