GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LP with AFS, can it be moved to a 7.5 style light?

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
So I have the Lp package with the lights turning as you drive thing. Is it possible to move that to a mk7.5 head light?

Not sure if I would but interesting

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
So I have the Lp package with the lights turning as you drive thing. Is it possible to move that to a mk7.5 head light?

Not sure if I would but interesting
The headlights are different on the 7.5 and require a different module in order to function. That module isn't installed on the MK7's, only on the 7.5's

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I've seen the ”7.5 style" bmp tuning so aftermarket. Same thing? Not trying the VW OEM. I'm mostly curious on the physical differences of my lighting package vs aftermarket ones.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I've seen the ”7.5 style" bmp tuning so aftermarket. Same thing? Not trying the VW OEM. I'm mostly curious on the physical differences of my lighting package vs aftermarket ones.

aftermarket lights that say 7.5 style are gonna be for non-LP equipped cars. There’s little, if anything for LP-equipped cars. If Osram made LP-specific aftermarkets I’d buy them, their units are the best in the aftermarket.

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
aftermarket lights that say 7.5 style are gonna be for non-LP equipped cars. There’s little, if anything for LP-equipped cars. If Osram made LP-specific aftermarkets I’d buy them, their units are the best in the aftermarket.
That sucks so a delete and a downgrade, not worth it.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
That sucks so a delete and a downgrade, not worth it.
Not even a little bit. If you have a 2015-2017 MK7 GTI, your only real upgrade option is the OEM housings for a 2015-2017 Golf R. Those have the double U’s, and full-LED turning signals. GTI lights only have one U and halogen turning signal.

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Back to the idea of opening the headlights for a Joey's mod maybe? Red strip delete and maybe the side reflector

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Back to the idea of opening the headlights for a Joey's mod maybe? Red strip delete and maybe the side reflector
Opening the headlights is easier said than done and comes with variable results afterward, including moisture issues. Follow AutoHaas on Instagram and call them when you see them post a totaled MK7R that only sustained rear damage. Everything they sell comes with a lifetime warranty.