GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lowering springs

Dave1974

I have just fitted 19” Cadiz alloys with 235/35 19” tyres and would like to lower it but don’t want it to ruin the ride or have any rubbing can anybody help with suggestions as some say only 20mm some say don’t lower it just fit spacers would love some feedback

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
I had 225/35/19 Santiago’s on my mk6 with eibach sportline springs and stock dampers, considering the low profile of the tyres and the spring rate it was not far from stock ride quality wise! No rubbing either but I didn’t fit spacers as I think it would have been hit and miss in that respect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
I had 225/35/19 Santiago’s on my mk6 with eibach sportline springs and stock dampers, considering the low profile of the tyres and the spring rate it was not far from stock ride quality wise! No rubbing either but I didn’t fit spacers as I think it would have been hit and miss in that respect.

Love your mk6 GTI. I still miss my mk6 GTD which was Carbon Grey - the best colour for a GTI/GTD in my opinion.

The mk7 Santiago’s look so much better powder coated than the original factory diamond cut finish IMO, but then I’m a diamond cut wheel hater! :)

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Love your mk6 GTI. I still miss my mk6 GTD which was Carbon Grey - the best colour for a GTI/GTD in my opinion.

The mk7 Santiago’s look so much better powder coated than the original factory diamond cut finish IMO, but then I’m a diamond cut wheel hater! :)

Thanks! I have a diamond cut set too! I don’t have the Mk6 any more though, but still have the wheels with winters on!

gsd13

Car(s)
gtd mk7

What size of lowering springs did you use, what was the drop?