GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lower grille removal

crashdb

Go Kart Champion
I haven't looked closely yet, but does anyone have an idea on how to remove the lower grille? I plan on getting it painted. Thanks.

lowerthanzimmy

Go Kart Champion
take the bumper off, remove foglights, remove bumper supports, pop out the clips for the grille surround, then pop clips for grille....

lowerthanzimmy

Go Kart Champion
Crap. I was hoping my bumper removing days were behind me after the intercooler. Thanks.

yea takign the bumper off is the easy part......getting those clips and all suck balls.

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
I haven't looked closely yet, but does anyone have an idea on how to remove the lower grille? I plan on getting it painted. Thanks.

It will look best if you remove all the individual pieces and then paint.

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
On the Golf it just snaps right out without removing the bumper, I guess the GTI isn't as lucky. I had to replace mine when a piece of tire went through it.

ka_kiluh

Ready to race!
I did mine two weeks ago.

Bumper removal : 15 minutes

Separating grille/valence from bumper : 60 minutes of torture.

Bumper reinstallation : 5 minutes.

It was honestly easier and quicker to reach my hand up into the rear bumper and pop the reflectors out than getting the valence out.

isons429

Ready to race!
On the Golf it just snaps right out without removing the bumper, I guess the GTI isn't as lucky. I had to replace mine when a piece of tire went through it.

I have a Golf too, not a GTI. How did you get to it, do you have to reach behind the bumper, or do you just pull out and it pops?

vmatos12

Passed Driver's Ed

vmatos12

Passed Driver's Ed

Did your GTI not come with them?.. Cause that's a stock part..

And holy thread bump..

Well I have them. so I guess I just remove the honeycomb part in the middle?

barney91

Passed Driver's Ed
It's the world's biggest ballache but I pulled it off! uploadfromtaptalk1391170719008.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk