GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Low speed diving rough ride/joulting

Hotsky

Ready to race!
My 2016 Golf 1.8 automatic has been having an isses when driving at low speed around 20-30km/h (13-18mph) where the ride would sorta feel rough -slight joulting or jerking as your coasting and breaking in slow traffic at those speeds. Can't remember when I noticed it first but wife called while driving my car recently saying she's running out of gas because car is acting weird lol. I knew how much gas was left so I knew it wast quite that low, but knew exactly what she meant. So today I definitely noticed it again when going thru a slowdown on a highway at those speeds. Almost feels like sparkplug missfiring but only at those speeds (and they weren't changed that long ago).now I've never experienced gears slipping before so not sure its that could be or not but not. I will try to manually shift tomorrow to see if gear shift caused it but what else could it be? (Really hoping it's not the transmission; car only has 118km /~74Kmiles

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
When was the last time you replace plugs / coil packs?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Time for a carbon cleaning.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
Are you getting any check engine lights? If yes you'll want to scan for the codes. If not, as Acadia said, it may be carbon buildup and you'll need a cleaning.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
I've used those spray products twice in the past not sure if they did any good or not (seafoam and CRC)
They don't do any good on direct injection engines. You need to find someone who is willing to take off the manifold and clean with either chemicals or walnut blasting.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
The dealer I got my car from did one of the chemical carbon cleanings, where they hook whatever up and spray a bunch of shit into the MAF sensor port on the manifold. It didn't do jack shit. Valves were still disgusting when I took off the manifold to do a carbon cleaning.

Screenshot_20221002_192459.jpg

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
when I bought my mk6 I threw a code that meant I needed a carbon cleaning. They did a spray and scrub to remedy, allegedly. Every time the manifold comes off, it's usually worth it to have a cleaning done with walnut blasting. Saves on labor cost.