GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Low key cat back options?

docwyte

Go Kart Champion
I've got the center resonator delete and drive around with the valves open 100% of the time. The exhaust is still whisper quiet and doesn't drone at all. I'm still running the stock downpipe. I'm curious to see how it sounds if I ever decide to put in an aftermarket downpipe.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
I've got the center resonator delete and drive around with the valves open 100% of the time. The exhaust is still whisper quiet and doesn't drone at all. I'm still running the stock downpipe. I'm curious to see how it sounds if I ever decide to put in an aftermarket downpipe.
A downpipe definitely uncorks the exhaust. I've heard some folks have done a resonator delete on their stock catback when they also have a downpipe basically did a uturn and put the resonator back on.

The stock catback with downpipe honestly sounds good. I'd personally like to have a little more zoom zoom noises when it's in race mode. But something that also retains something close to the Normal mode that the stock exhaust has.

BCS does make a resonator delete that includes a 1/4 wave canceler that reduces or eliminates drone. Might be something to consider on a budget.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...er-delete-pipe-with-drone-delete-tube.337220/

docwyte

Go Kart Champion
A downpipe definitely uncorks the exhaust. I've heard some folks have done a resonator delete on their stock catback when they also have a downpipe basically did a uturn and put the resonator back on.

I've heard that too. I've got the stock resonator sitting in my basement just in case I want to put it back on.

WhyGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Agreed with some of the posts about hanging onto the stock resonator. I will be and will see how it sounds when I add a downpipe eventually. If too much will reinstall and keep the stock catback. And keep my awe switchpath remote if I want to be a little obnoxious. :)

virpacalis

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'17 R DSG
Get a DP or leave it alone. For staying under the radar, nothing wrong with the OEM catback. If you want to get noticed, have fun.

Reactions: ATR

farcyde11gti

Ready to race!
Still love my full milltek resonated turbo-back setup. There is no drone at cruise from the exhaust on the highway. I have been pleased with it for four years. I got it the week after I got the car when they first hit the U.S.

Reactions: ATR