GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Low key cat back options?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
The BCS Powervalve system uses unique boost actuated variable tone technology, giving a real Jeckyl and Hyde nature - sensible when pottering around and simply Epic on boost, and all with zero drone.
cheers
Nige

My middle finger broke while trying to scroll through those pictures. Holy big

Hatcher

Ready to race!
Like alot of people, I have messed around with various options. Finally finished with this setup:

AWE DP (resonated)
APR Exhaust (drive with flaps closed most of time via AWE Switchpath Remote)

My previous DP was the regular APR, but I deemed it too loud.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
I think I'll be going with the Miltek down pipe and probably the resonated cat back. Local shop let me know the exchange rate is in our favor at the moment so it seems like a good time to go that route :cool:

Thanks for all the input guys!

faid

Ready to race!
Not sure if this is the right place but, what resonator are you guys running? Virbrant 17950? Where is the best place to put it?

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
I think I'll be going with the Miltek down pipe and probably the resonated cat back. Local shop let me know the exchange rate is in our favor at the moment so it seems like a good time to go that route :cool:

Thanks for all the input guys!

Thought I'd update this a bit...

I now have the Miltek catted downpipe on my car. Like the added noise when in race mode. Now after running this setup for the past few months I can say I do want a bit more noise when in race mode. However I'd also like to keep it close to stock when in normal mode since I do drive quite a bit (Bought the R in January with 17k miles, it now has 33k miles).

I think I've narrowed it down a bit to some of the quieter options out there...
-Miltek
-BCS
-Bull-X looks like they did something similar to BCS

There's a pretty good selection of exhausts here:
https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthr...f-exhausts-available-for-MK7(VII)-2015-Golf-R

BCS Nige

Passed Driver's Ed
Thought I'd update this a bit...

I now have the Miltek catted downpipe on my car. Like the added noise when in race mode. Now after running this setup for the past few months I can say I do want a bit more noise when in race mode. However I'd also like to keep it close to stock when in normal mode since I do drive quite a bit (Bought the R in January with 17k miles, it now has 33k miles).

I think I've narrowed it down a bit to some of the quieter options out there...
-Miltek
-BCS
-Bull-X looks like they did something similar to BCS

There's a pretty good selection of exhausts here:
https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthr...f-exhausts-available-for-MK7(VII)-2015-Golf-R

Happy to do you a forum member discount ;-)
Cheers
Nige
BCS Powervalve
https://www.powervalve.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=308_398_408_421_496

WhyGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I have the resonator delete also and installed the AWE switch path remote too. I really like it, pretty quiet when closed but you can tell there is a difference. I went this route too because I’ve read the car can be very loud if you add a downpipe with an aftermarket catback, which eventually I will be adding a downpipe. Also, this route is way cheaper than most of the catback systems out there.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
I have the resonator delete also and installed the AWE switch path remote too. I really like it, pretty quiet when closed but you can tell there is a difference. I went this route too because I’ve read the car can be very loud if you add a downpipe with an aftermarket catback, which eventually I will be adding a downpipe. Also, this route is way cheaper than most of the catback systems out there.
With a downpipe it'll get MUCH louder with a res delete...
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29265

I don't like the way that sounds at all. Since I spend most of my commute in the 2400-3100RPM range.

WhyGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
With a downpipe it'll get MUCH louder with a res delete...
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29265

I don't like the way that sounds at all. Since I spend most of my commute in the 2400-3100RPM range.

The resonator delete with the valves closed to me is almost not even noticeable.
I don’t get why people want to modify their exhaust then complain about how it sounds, kind of defeats the purpose. If you’re worried about drone or more sound from your exhaust, save some money and leave it stock!

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
The resonator delete with the valves closed to me is almost not even noticeable.
I don’t get why people want to modify their exhaust then complain about how it sounds, kind of defeats the purpose. If you’re worried about drone or more sound from your exhaust, save some money and leave it stock!
But I want to have my cake and eat it too :cool:

Honestly loud doesn't bother me much, especially in race mode... I just want zero drone.