GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Loving My “New” Golf TDI Sportwagen

MassWineGuy

Car(s)
2015 Golf TDI
I wasn’t really even looking to replace my wonderful, still strong, 258,XXX miles 2003 Jetta TDI wagon. But a TDI enthusiast about five minutes away was selling his 2015 Golf SEL TDI Sportwagen (6-speed manual) for a very good price, despite needing a new timing belt.

So I went, I looked, I drove and I bought. Quite a difference from my MK4, which continues to hum along with predictable repairs and routine maintenance. Not thrilled about selling it. But my son is buying it, so at least I can visit it once in a while.

I just started driving it for my daily ride, so I’m still getting used to it. Hoping for decent mpg, though I know it won’t match the ‘03.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Depending on your types of drives, you could easily get mid 40s. I have sub 2 mile commute which isn't great for cars in general, but especially the TDI and it's very rare I don't break 40.

I've had an emissions compliant tune on it, from Kerma, for most of the car's life. It does advertise better economy, which I don't doubt. But I suspect it's not significantly better so you should still see something similar.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
The performance is night and day. They have two versions of the tune. They call it stage 1 and 1+. They both have the same peak but one plus brings the torque on a little earlier.

This is the only tune I've tried so don't take it as an endorsement of them over any other tunes. I don't have experience with anything else. But here's a link to the page. Better to read it from them than take it from me I suppose...

https://kermatdi.com/i-1102-new-q-p...lf-beetle-passat-golf-sportwagen-audi-a3.html

As mentioned before, my commute is short and I've had the tune for as long as I can remember. So I can't speak to the economy improvement or change in Regen behavior compared to stock, but I have no reason not to believe their claims. All I can speak to is the power increase and it's drastic.

Drivetrain is otherwise fully stock, all emissions equipment and clutch. I've passed snog a few times here in Cali now, did not need to flash back to stock.

Last edited: