GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lost my license under the cup holder

le0n1

Ready to race!
Lost my license under the sliding hatch that closes the room where you keep your coffee.

Anyone know how to get under there and save it?
Tryid loosing a couple of screews and remove some plastic parts but I just had to give it up before I broke something.

It's a demo car that I borrowed from my dealer while mine is at service. Delivering it tomorrow :-/

kinz

This just happened to me and after searching high and low on the internet, I got to this thread, but it was not answered. So here it is, in case if such mishap were to occur to any of you guys.

Yup, that's the card between the gap. You'll definitely need a flash light, it's really dark in there.

Close the slider thingy. Then from the other end, try to rail them out of the end. So you'll get an open end like in pic.

These are the things you need. A flash light, double sided foam tape, and a soft plastic ruler.

Reach in and fish for it until you get it out.

All the best.

SB_NZ

Passed Driver's Ed
Happened to me :(

Got it out by sliding the seat (drivers ) full forward. This exposes a blanking plate on the side of the rear cubby/arm rest behind which is a screw and a gap from where with a torch I could see the offending car parking pass (just) lying flat beneath cup holder area in from of the arm rest cubby section .

lifted up the plastic side cover part the comes down to the carpet,enough to get my fingers in ( need a small hand and take care ) and pulled it out :)

wassmk7

Car(s)
vw golf
had this issue today accidentally put car on the sliding lever to close the drinks area and my card went through the gap.

luckily someones post on here stopped me opening the whole centre console 🤦🏽 Behind the drivers seat you see some plastic trim to the right of the air vents. from the bottom as picture pull the trim out gently and hopefully just as i did, you should feel the card/paper inside there. After a few nudges and slides with your hand it should come out the bottom… Whewwww

Attachments

• IMG_5854.jpeg
    IMG_5854.jpeg
    299.1 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_5856.png
    IMG_5856.png
    8.3 MB · Views: 187