GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Losing fluids/water cooling HELP

davidbag

My car is losing coolant. It is falling from the right side of the car on the ground. I am not sure where it is coming from.
Could it be the radiator? Or could it be the water pump?

Does any one know, How can I check which one it is?

Has anyone had the same problem?

PS.: thanks for correcting me!

Last edited:

Adurm

Go Kart Newbie
Sorry to do this but is it straight up water or is it coolant? Water under the right side is normal ac drainage. Coolant, probably thermostat housing seal. Mine would overheat rapidly and after a few starts and turn off sequences it would go away. Fixed under warranty at like 35k miles.

davidbag

@all It is not water, it is coolant!
@jay745 I don't see any signs where I am loosing the coolant! The only thing that I see it's the level in the reservoir tank and I fill up, and on the floor on the right of the car!
@Adurm I don't have warranty, and I am trying to find help to I be able to buy the proper material and do it my self! It is not complicated, for what I saw, in the case of change the thermostat housing.

Theres a revision M model of a new Thermostat Housing... but anyone has changed it? the problems are gone?

Thank you for all your help!

Lager_Ace

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
@all It is not water, it is coolant!
@jay745 I don't see any signs where I am loosing the coolant! The only thing that I see it's the level in the reservoir tank and I fill up, and on the floor on the right of the car!
@Adurm I don't have warranty, and I am trying to find help to I be able to buy the proper material and do it my self! It is not complicated, for what I saw, in the case of change the thermostat housing.

Theres a revision M model of a new Thermostat Housing... but anyone has changed it? the problems are gone?

Thank you for all your help!
Had same problem. Coolant level kept going down , nothing on the belly pan either, took that off and found all the dried up coolant around the housing.
Got my Thermostat Housing changed under warranty 4 months ago, not sure if it's an updated one but all good.(y) level hasn't moved.

Adurm

Go Kart Newbie
My housing was changed and i don't know the version. My coolant still goes down slowly. I see nothing on the ground or dried anywhere. Maybe check your hose clamps to start. Maybe your expansion tank or the lid is the culprit.

davidbag

Hi guys, I saw this... And I think it is the radiator...

The red marks I think it is the liquid from the radiator! could be?

Attachments

• IMG_8130.jpg
    IMG_8130.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 124
  • IMG_7083.jpg
    IMG_7083.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 128
  • IMG_1788.jpg
    IMG_1788.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 128
  • IMG_1493.jpg
    IMG_1493.jpg