GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Easthood Racing's Time Attack/Getaway Driver GTI

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
The picture of the Fortune website for the MK7 system don't have the actual plate for the car. But after looking at their website, they use the same coilover picture for every brand.
Ah ok that makes sense, ya you are right. Hmmm maybe I'll try and submit these for em!

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Are they hosted somewhere online?
If so, copy link and use image tags.

[ img ]insert link here[ /img ]
But make sure there is no space between the brackets and "img" so it will look like - [ing]dfhsdhbsdhjbdsfhb[/ing]
Obviously used the N instead of M otherwise you would not see it lol.

I just copied the links that you posted...

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Are they hosted somewhere online?
If so, copy link and use image tags.

[ img ]insert link here[ /img ]
But make sure there is no space between the brackets and "img" so it will look like - [ing]dfhsdhbsdhjbdsfhb[/ing]
Obviously used the N instead of M otherwise you would not see it lol.

I just copied the links that you posted...
perfect! I was direct uploading them from my computer expecting it just drop in.

Cool thank you very much!

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
If that is the case then I believe you can click the "insert image" icon between the quote (") marks and the smiley face and drop in there , or click and you can upload.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
So I had to bounce for a bit.

Pandemic certainly making things super difficult.

Wanted to give some feedback on the competition series wing from Aerofabb.

At this point I've had the wing and diffuser as the splitter is still in development.

Why wings are functional has been covered many times before, so I'm here to explain the differences between my previous spec wing.

How the new setup mounts is really nice. Having contoured edges and easy to follow instructions was a big help. You do lose the the third brakelight which isn't ideal but its not really going to affect you on track or DD . (still pass all inspections)

The profile is CRAZY nice to see in person. Much wider than my OG wing with a good boost in stability along the plane.

Rich and his team made this one to comply with the different rulesets I encounter across competitions. Adjust ment from 0* to 12* AOA is easy to do on the fly with the supplied hardware and again the fit/finish here is outstanding compared to the old rig.

The diffuser was also easy to install and I need to mess with it more to get that final adjustment for height and clearing my (Currently bent) exhaust. One of the first things I noticed was how smooth the car is when flying along. I don't really notice the wing in straight line situations any more. Typically I could feel oscillations or some sensation of drag. The wing with diffuser mitigates that spectacularly.

The changes in AOA have some serious implications. 12 is awesome under braking but you certainly feel like a small child is sitting on the back of the car once you start going over 50mph. I probably won't run it at 12* unless its for a very specific reason (or cause it looks cool)

I haven't had time yet to go back to tracks I've raced at since the season was over as I got my hands on the unit.

Well worth the wait, super cool to see in person, and really happy the Aerofabb team reached out to me a few years ago to see if we could start this project.

TL:DR
Aerofabb Competition series is awesome.

Attachments

• PXL_20211001_050420437.MP.jpg
    PXL_20211001_050420437.MP.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 77

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Any update on your coils and favorite spring rates?
oy, thanks for the reminder on this! I need more time!

Sadly last year just got so Chaotic towards the end. I did the Fastivus event and basically had one more fun "cruise" type event before the season was over or events ended (In NY track season ends in October )

Almost ready to get back at it. My plan is to use the setup as is for the first 3 events. On the 4th switch the rears. to the next highest.

It really depends on how wild the season gets. I'm hoping by this time next month more schedules are released for my area.