GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Loose door no longer stops half way

tringo007

Passed Driver's Ed
Golf MK7 drivers door no longer stops half way and very loosely swing open without any resistance. Can I easily fix on my own without removing door etc (minimal effort) or dealer job? Its not under warranty and wanting to minimise cost. Door closes and seals fine.

johng.wissig

Ready to race!
Golf MK7 drivers door no longer stops half way and very loosely swing open without any resistance. Can I easily fix on my own without removing door etc (minimal effort) or dealer job? Its not under warranty and wanting to minimise cost. Door closes and seals fine.
There are 2 Torx head screws holding a bracket/ stop assy. Are they loose? Door gets sloppy if they are?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Are you sure it's supposed to stop half way? I don't think mine does, it's like a 1/4 stop and then after that it stops where ever you leave it. It's not like my mk6 that would stop 1/4 of the way and then again about 1/2 way.

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion

tringo007

Passed Driver's Ed
This post provides everything you will need to know, tools and process to look it over and figure it out. I would replace the door check anyway as it is a excellent mod to resolve the narrow door stop and no second stop. No reason to remove door, you do have to get to the door check which entails removing the door panel.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/diy-door-check-strap-replacement.344003/
Thank you George for the time to post this reply. Much appreciated.