GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

looking to change alloys. cant decide??

turbodeezil

alright folks. my golf is on order. expected to arrive mid jan. going to buy some alloys for it i'm stuck between bbs ck, 3sdm 0.05 or alphards. just looking for a second opinion really.? any comments would be appreciated ! cheers. 1.6td se in tornado red

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
BBS

Hengki

Hey Leon, I'm expecting to receive my golf next month and I'll be getting the same type of wheels (durban 18") as yours. I was wondering if the ride will be stiff and harsh? Can't test drive it first coz they don't have one. :mad: do you feel any difference when going to 17 or 16". I love the durban wheels, just have bad roads here so might not be suitable. Thanks.

le0n1

Ready to race!
Hey Leon, I'm expecting to receive my golf next month and I'll be getting the same type of wheels (durban 18") as yours. I was wondering if the ride will be stiff and harsh? Can't test drive it first coz they don't have one. :mad: do you feel any difference when going to 17 or 16". I love the durban wheels, just have bad roads here so might not be suitable. Thanks.

When I use wintertires on 16"rims it's a lot more quiet for sure.
Not only because of the smaler rims with narrow tires but also because of the wintertyres are so much more soft.

There are some roadnoise on 18" but it still is comfertable and good to drive. I have the adaptive chassis control to and can recormand that :)

Hengki

When I use wintertires on 16"rims it's a lot more quiet for sure.
Not only because of the smaler rims with narrow tires but also because of the wintertyres are so much more soft.

There are some roadnoise on 18" but it still is comfertable and good to drive. I have the adaptive chassis control to and can recormand that :)

Is the adaptive chasis control the button on the upper left side of the gear box to toggle between sport and nomal or comfort modes? I don't think I'll be getting that and there's no way to customize your orders here. Anyway, it's not a serious problem. I'm more worried about dsg problems after reading so many negative comments on juddering and shuttering issues, but it's not gonna stop me from getting one. :D thanks .

Litsma1

Passed Driver's Ed
BBS CK +1

btw, if don't mind, with a little bit "Tyre Stretch" plus lowering car will be better in visual effect.:D