GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looking for the part that lights up the selected gear for the shifter on an automatic

dietpeachfresca

Passed Driver's Ed
Older cars have a light bulb there, but I popped off the trim piece around the shifter, and it looks like it's a small circuit board of some sort. I didn't want to pull the board out, until I can make sure I can get a replacement.

But even at night, I can barely see which gear I've selected, the light on it is so dim.

I checked all up and down parts.vw.com and all I can find is the entire shifter for over $1000

flight1us

Ready to race!
tried wiping the letters? sometimes oil and stuff build up on the gear postion labels a quick clean with a q-Tip might make it slightly better ...

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Older cars have a light bulb there, but I popped off the trim piece around the shifter, and it looks like it's a small circuit board of some sort. I didn't want to pull the board out, until I can make sure I can get a replacement.

But even at night, I can barely see which gear I've selected, the light on it is so dim.

I checked all up and down parts.vw.com and all I can find is the entire shifter for over $1000
It comes as one piece with the shift knob part # 5k1-713-203-E-XPR. I don't think you can get it seperately. You can get the stock shift knob for a couple hundered buck new.