GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looking for stage 1 chip for VW MK7 golf S.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
For stage 1 there is very little difference between a JB4 car on good fuel and a flash stage 1 car. The JB4 car on ethanol is likely faster.
oh right, because constantly having to deal with ethanol in order to be faster than an OTS tune makes it superior :rolleyes:

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
oh right, because constantly having to deal with ethanol in order to be faster than an OTS tune makes it superior :rolleyes:

Some of us have run flashes, tuned our own, and run JB4s and still think JB4s are good for what they are? :unsure:

I really like the adjustability of most flash tunes. Oh wait.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Some of us have run flashes, tuned our own, and run JB4s and still think JB4s are good for what they are? :unsure:

I really like the adjustability of most flash tunes. Oh wait.
and how about vs a protune with an ap3

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Not self adjustable.
Doesn't need to be since it's already tailored to your specifications by the professionals

Although I'll admit I forgot OP said he has a golf instead of gti. A protune would probably be overkill if it's not a gti/r.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Doesn't need to be since it's already tailored to your specifications by the professionals

Although I'll admit I forgot OP said he has a golf instead of gti. A protune would probably be overkill if it's not a gti/r.

Can you even get a protune on a regular Golf?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Yep. Only option for pro tune right now for fwd Golf is reflect tuning or etuners. And it really doesn't make sense unless you're going with bigger turbo and e85. I loved my APR tune and can't really compare to JB4, but I have read JB4 doesn't adjust fueling and timing (although ecu will compensate some) or maybe it was just timing so running same fuel, ots tune will offer a little more power and better drivability. But I think it's marginal.

Also keep in mind your future plans. If you eventually want to go protune, then get jb4 for now and sell it. I stuck with APR when going IS38, so it was no loss starting with stage 1 APR. I'll probably now get a JB4 to stack anyway sooooo.... I guess what I'm saying is just get both 😁

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Yep. Only option for pro tune right now for fwd Golf is reflect tuning or etuners. And it really doesn't make sense unless you're going with bigger turbo and e85. I loved my APR tune and can't really compare to JB4, but I have read JB4 doesn't adjust fueling and timing (although ecu will compensate some) or maybe it was just timing so running same fuel, ots tune will offer a little more power and better drivability. But I think it's marginal.

Also keep in mind your future plans. If you eventually want to go protune, then get jb4 for now and sell it. I stuck with APR when going IS38, so it was no loss starting with stage 1 APR. I'll probably now get a JB4 to stack anyway sooooo.... I guess what I'm saying is just get both 😁

The JB4 has lots of control over boost, a little control over fuel, no control over timing. The factory calibration leaves a good deal of room to increase the boost. At WOT, JB4 and flash cars feel the same. At part throttle, a flash car could feel more "eager". The JB4 is very user customizable.