GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looking for something

RMinNJ

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI S
I have an ultra-guage on the way and will try a simple windshield mount close to the driver pillar. Not a clean install but can be
removed easily.

dlaunde

Go Kart Newbie
No I'm using Cobb (EQT tune).
But I prefer making things blend or appear as OEM as I can when possible. So having the AP mounted on a vent or dash is a no from me.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
The fitment afterwards, yes.
I've had many people ask me if my Vektor came stock from VW as an add on 🤷‍♂️
I'm eyeballing the Vektor, but that pricetag is a little excessive. It's tempting to wire up the P3 as an analog boost gauge so I can run the AP for the multiple gauges and traction control options, not sure if I want to do that yet or try the Vektor option. It's damned snazzy, that's for sure though. The P3 was an item I wanted from back in my mk4 days, and having it on the mk7 it really fits in nicely and doesn't look excessive.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I'm eyeballing the Vektor, but that pricetag is a little excessive. It's tempting to wire up the P3 as an analog boost gauge so I can run the AP for the multiple gauges and traction control options, not sure if I want to do that yet or try the Vektor option. It's damned snazzy, that's for sure though. The P3 was an item I wanted from back in my mk4 days, and having it on the mk7 it really fits in nicely and doesn't look excessive.

Even just as an analog boost gauge, the P3 still requires being plugged into the OBD port. Sure, you can get a splitter, but I'm not sure how well they would all play together.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Even just as an analog boost gauge, the P3 still requires being plugged into the OBD port. Sure, you can get a splitter, but I'm not sure how well they would all play together.
I was under the impression that it could be wired to key on power and use the piece they sell that gets sandwiched by the sensor, to avoid using the OBD2 port. Honestly, it's not like it's an insane build or anything, so I'm fine with just having my fancy gauge for the time being. Though I did see the Vektor is able to do like a low-priority mode or something of that nature.

dlaunde

Go Kart Newbie
I was under the impression that it could be wired to key on power and use the piece they sell that gets sandwiched by the sensor, to avoid using the OBD2 port. Honestly, it's not like it's an insane build or anything, so I'm fine with just having my fancy gauge for the time being. Though I did see the Vektor is able to do like a low-priority mode or something of that nature.
The Vektor is super nice for how it fits/blends. But, I would honestly wait until I get the VAD as the Vektor has lost support, at least on my end. Meaning I haven't heard a single peep from them on fixes in over 3 months. And there is still some work that needs done for the firmware. And it is missing a lot of values to display that the AP (and the VAD) offer.

Regarding the Vektor though: it piggybacks off the CAN plug so the OBD port is left open for use.