GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looking for more

Martin398

Ready to race!
"worth it" is subjective and what's worth it to one person may not be to another. Ah, the rabbit hole of being a car enthusiast. let us know if you pull the trigger on anything.

Agray

Go Kart Champion
"worth it" is subjective and what's worth it to one person may not be to another. Ah, the rabbit hole of being a car enthusiast. let us know if you pull the trigger on anything.

Every now and then this forum seems to come to a consensus on what upgrade path is better than the other. I think the jury is still out on this one and I hope they'll be more users sharing their logic of how they went through the $ spent on canned tune & jumping ship to EQT over time.

Martin398

Ready to race!
I'd burn the money I've spent and switch if I had more consistent options to be able to log and pro tune. I don't live in an area that gives me many options without facing some serious penalty.

Striker23

Go Kart Newbie
I was uni stage2 and switched to EQT stg 2. You will definitely notice a difference between the two for sure! The extra power should hold you over till you’re ready to go bigger turbo.

Agray

Go Kart Champion
I was uni stage2 and switched to EQT stg 2. You will definitely notice a difference between the two for sure! The extra power should hold you over till you’re ready to go bigger turbo.
Where would you say the added power is in the power band? One thing that drives me nuts with the Uni tune is the DV issue where it holds boost at a certain rpm until it suddenly lets go and there’s this awkward surge of acceleration. Usually happens in 3rd and 4th gear.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Where would you say the added power is in the power band? One thing that drives me nuts with the Uni tune is the DV issue where it holds boost at a certain rpm until it suddenly lets go and there’s this awkward surge of acceleration. Usually happens in 3rd and 4th gear.

That DV problem is fixed with an EQT tune. It's a problem with the OEM software.

Striker23

Go Kart Newbie
The power gains aren’t huge but it’s the way it’s delivered that makes a difference. The uni tune was good and I had no issues but it was conservative. once I got a new clutch I wanted more. The car just feels peppy and eager to go. Not very scientific I know but you’ll feel the difference the moment you hit the gas in 1st

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
The power gains aren’t huge but it’s the way it’s delivered that makes a difference. The uni tune was good and I had no issues but it was conservative. once I got a new clutch I wanted more. The car just feels peppy and eager to go. Not very scientific I know but you’ll feel the difference the moment you hit the gas in 1st
My AP is in the mail. Can't wait.

That DV problem is fixed with an EQT tune. It's a problem with the OEM software.

That's why I'm switching from APR. Was going to wait for the is38 swap until I found out about that fix.

Martin398

Ready to race!
The diverter valve fix would be nice. I can't justify $700 to switch from one stage 2 to another however. I'll save that for upgrading the turbo.
My car stock, with JB4, and now Uni has always had a very pronounced DV "delay" at partial throttle in 2nd gear. Doesn't happen regularly or noticeably for me in any other gear.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
I'd burn the money I've spent and switch if I had more consistent options to be able to log and pro tune. I don't live in an area that gives me many options without facing some serious penalty.

There's a sh*t ton of tuned GTI's and R's in Massachusetts.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
ok? didn't think there weren't. not sure what that has to do with not having roads conveniently local to me that I can count on to be able to log consistently.

I thought you were referring to emissions.

There aren't many roads conveniently local to me that are good for logging, either, and I live in a rural area. It's a dense state (in more ways than one). But out west here, there are plenty. You just have to drive to get to them.

Martin398

Ready to race!
I thought you were referring to emissions.

There aren't many roads conveniently local to me that are good for logging, either, and I live in a rural area. It's a dense state (in more ways than one). But out west here, there are plenty. You just have to drive to get to them.
I watch some of these guys pulling on a dead straight highway and I get jealous. just not an option in western Mass.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3

Lol...this happened to me right when I got the car. I had no idea what was happening. Felt like I got rear ended.