GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looking for cup holder ideas.

Sc0oter

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 alltrack se
My first world problem is that my jumbo coffee cup barely fits in the stock cup holder. When I turn left it dumps in the passenger seat and a right turn ends up with scalding hot liquid in my crotch. Yes I could get a skinny cup but the one I use fits the vehicle I drive at work perfectly, plus the cup is absolute perfection. Amazon offers these things that stick up out of the factory cup holder but that would sit too high. The one I am most intrigued by has a wedge that goes between the center console and the passenger seat. No one rides in my car with me so no issues blocking the seat. Will add a picture below.
thoughts? Other ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_6548.png
    IMG_6548.png
    937.6 KB · Views: 29

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Clips into your glove box.
Savadicar TJ Multi-Function Drink Cup Phone Holder, 2 in 1 Bolt-on Stand Bracket Organizer for 1997-2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ https://a.co/d/e7hpQM9

RAM Mounts (RAM-B-132-400U) RAM MOUNTS Level Cup 16oz Drink Holder with RAM Tough-Claw Mount RAM-B-132-400U for Motorcycle, ATV/UTV, Bike https://a.co/d/fDCS1Ew
Clip onto your steering wheel? Just can’t make 90 degree turns… 😂

Was looking at ones that have a gimbal so it'll stay level.

kevinkar

Drag Racing Champion
I looked at options such as this and went the "buy another cup" route. Got a Contigo 20oz mug at Costco and it works fine. I'm not a fan of clip ons, slide ins, etc. So I had to get a mug that fit.

htr

Put a big turbo on your cup. That way your coffee is force inducted into your system before you even get out the driveway . Or just go rock star and shoot it in your vein . Or maybe put it in your windshield washer reservoir and route the hose right into the interior at mouth level. Or you could look for ideas of on the coffee enthusiast forums ….. yes I may be trolling and obviously joking … but the reservoir idea actually has me thinking of the possibility’s of the automotive future… convenience at your finger tips

ChristopherNeil

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
How much fucking coffee do you need to drink? 😆 I use a 20oz white plastic Starbucks cup. 5-6 scoops in a French press, underfill the water an inch so it comes out like mud water, ice it down, splash of milk, and I'm off the walls. Maybe not the wisest, as I'm holding scissors and razors most of the day, but the thought of more is mind boggling.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT

Sc0oter

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 alltrack se
I go through crap tons of coffee. Keeps me awake during work in the wee hours of the morning. The more the better. Thank you for the ideas. I like the clip one that goes into the glove box.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
There’s a 3d printer schematic that when printed, fits in the holder and then adapts to accept larger bottomed coffee mugs or even hydroflasks…. Someone on here made me some awhile back….