GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looking for an intercooler that won’t break the bank

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I have a 2020 autobahn gti with adaptive cruise control. Due to the acc apparently twintercoolers and fmic's are out of the question

What would be a good direct replacement intercooler that won’t break the bank? Some of those are Uber expensive. I plan on staying stock turbo too btw. Already have an intake and I’ll be going apr plus soon too.

Thanks for your suggestions.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I have a 2020 autobahn gti with adaptive cruise control. Due to the acc apparently twintercoolers and fmic's are out of the question
nope, not the case... that was for the mk7s as the sensor was on the lower grill, your car and mine have the sensor hidden behind the VW badge.
6FDB30A2-1275-4D50-8E29-74455358DBFB.jpeg

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
If you're going apr+ I'm pretty sure you gotta use their intercooler.

Uh, hopefully your intake is APR too.
Oh wow that’s interesting. When I found out about plus I spoke to the folks at apr and they assured me that the injen evolution would work fine. And as long as the intercooler didn’t have a crazy comical amount Of volume it would be fine too.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I don't actually know for sure, but I remember reading somewhere using aftermarket parts from other manufacturers violated the plus warranty.

This is the 87 octane tune right?

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I don't actually know for sure, but I remember reading somewhere using aftermarket parts from other manufacturers violated the plus warranty.

This is the 87 octane tune right?
Apparently it’s the low tq version of stage 1

I spoke to the dealership where I bought the car. They’re an apr plus dealer too. Service person told me intake brand doesn’t matter.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Might want to double check with APR directly as they'll be the ones to say yes or no on any potential warranty claims. Couldn't find anything that mentioned intakes specifically in the warranty from Goaprplus.com, just this:
H. If Your Vehicle has had any unauthorized modifications or alterations. Unauthorized modifications include exhaust downpipes, race DPs, upgraded turbochargers and any non-APR powertrain modifications. Drivetrain modifications such as wheels, suspension and brakes are authorized for use with APR Plus.

Don't know if a CAI counts as a non-APR Powertrain modification.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Might want to double check with APR directly as they'll be the ones to say yes or no on any potential warranty claims. Couldn't find anything that mentioned intakes specifically in the warranty from Goaprplus.com, just this:
H. If Your Vehicle has had any unauthorized modifications or alterations. Unauthorized modifications include exhaust downpipes, race DPs, upgraded turbochargers and any non-APR powertrain modifications. Drivetrain modifications such as wheels, suspension and brakes are authorized for use with APR Plus.

Don't know if a CAI counts as a non-APR Powertrain modification.
I never read the fine print but both apr customer service and the dealer have both said that the injen evolution is fine

But yeah I think I’m gonna have to read the fine print just in case.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Gptuners

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
Define "Break the Bank".

So far lots of options have been discussed, but not a single mention of price.

What is your actual budget? Then we can actually suggest something.