GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looking for Advise RE: Fitment

funkypuppy64

I’m looking to buy some wheels that are 18x9 ET30 and tires that are 225/40. I’m running 1.3 in H&R springs and have standard breaks. With this fitment, does it sound like I might have any issues? Rub, excessive wear, etc.?
Thanks in advance. Here’s a pic of the Killer Bean as he is now.

Attachments

• D54981D9-8FBB-411D-B69B-374F7834C162.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 74

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
The tire would be pretty stretched like that if that matters to you

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
9” for 225 will exceed many tire manufactures maximum wheel widths. And regular commercial tire shops won’t want to install. So yeah it will have good bit of stretch. Also 30+ offset on a 9” will have good amount of poke so you would have to run stretched tires + negative camber to clear the fenders especially cause you are lowered already.

funkypuppy64

9” for 225 will exceed many tire manufactures maximum wheel widths. And regular commercial tire shops won’t want to install. So yeah it will have good bit of stretch. Also 30+ offset on a 9” will have good amount of poke so you would have to run stretched tires + negative camber to clear the fenders especially cause you are lowered already.
Do you think that’d be the same case with 235s?

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie
Do you think that’d be the same case with 235s?

I'm no expert, but my 235 tires are square on an 8" wide wheel, so I would imagine that 235 is minimum width with a noticeably stretched look on 9"

Also, as mentioned above, you will definitely poke past the fender. 9" wide ET30 is about 38mm poke vs stock. Typical flush kit is 15/20mm F/R, so you will be 23mm (pretty much an inch) past flush in front.